THE BEST OF BRITTANY &
LOIRE VALLEY RIVER CRUISE
Combine a spectacular driving tour of Brittany, one of the great historic regions of France, with a wonderful 6 day Loire Valley River Cruise on board CroisiEurope's premium river cruise ship, MS Loire Princesse.
Brittany is for explorers; its wild, dramatic coastline, medieval towns and thick forests make an excursion here well worth the detour off the beaten track. The Brittany coastline is lengthy, rugged and is dotted with beach resorts such as the chic Dinard and walled Saint-Malo, built on rock in the English Channel. The Pink Granite Coast is famed for its unusual, blush-hued sand and rocks. From Cancale you can enjoy breathtaking views over the Baie de St Michel and scenic walks around the coast.
The Loire Valley offers the most diverse range of attractions in France. From its glorious Châteaux and Cathedrals, towns and villages to charm you, sumptuous gardens and natural parks for even the keenest gardeners and nature lovers; there is something for everyone. If it's French splendour, style and gastronomy you seek, the Loire Valley will exceed your expectations. The Loire Valley is a stunning area of France where castles, moats, turrets, bridges, towers and rivers seem as though they have jumped out of the pages of some of the world's most famous fairy tales.
The River Loire originates in the rugged central Ardèche region of France and empties into the Atlantic near the shipbuilding port of Saint Nazaire. The 1,000km Loire river is as French as the Mississippi is American. The concentration of magnificent chateaux found in the Loire valley makes the area between Orléans and Angers one of the most visited destinations in France.
Brittany & Loire Valley Cruise Itinerary
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Mont-Saint-Michel & the Mercure Hotel including a welcome dinner
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
St Malo - 35 miles / Caen - 80 miles
Calais - 295 miles / Zeebrugge - 370 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return Brittany Ferries crossing from the UK to Caen/St Malo (see other crossings options
• 1 Night at the Mercure Mont-Saint-Michel Hotel
• 2 Nights at Le Clos de Vallombreuse Hotel, Douarnenez
• 2 Nights at the Mercure Vannes Le Port Hotel
• 1 Night at the Westotel Nantes Atlantique
• Return Transfers from the Westotel Hotel & the Cruise Ship Terminal in Nantes
• 6 Day, 5 Night Loire Valley River Cruise on-board CroisiEurope's MS Loire Princesse
• All Drinks on board (selected drinks) with meals and at the bar between Midday and Midnight
• All Port Fees & Charges
• 1 Night at the Hotel De Diane, Fréhel
• 13 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches & 12 Evening Meals including a Welcome Dinner on the Second Evening
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives, Cruise Information & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at all Hotels including Secure Car Parking at the Westotel Hotel for the duration of the cruise
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
MS LOIRE PRINCESSE
The MS Loire Princesse is a two-deck ship with 48 cabins. Its interior combines a relaxed, contemporary look and feel. The lounge bar on the upper deck opens onto the terrace at the back of the ship. The cabins on the upper deck are fitted with a private terrace, outdoor table and chairs and a luxury bathroom. River cruise enthusiasts should head to the reception area, which offers a view of the paddle wheel system. Dining in the ships restaurant comprises of Buffet breakfast, lunch and a 3 course dinner. There is a variety of entertainment activities including quizzes, and occasional music & dancing. The dress code is casual during the day whilst more elegant clothing may be worn in the evening.
Dates & Prices
Drive & Cruise Tour 2022
Including 7 Nights in Brittany & 5 Nights Cruising the Loire River
*Please note: All prices shown above are per person and based on 2 persons sharing a car and a twin/double room & main deck cabin
Meal Basis - Hotels: Breakfast each morning & 7 Dinners / Ship: All Breakfasts, Lunches & Dinners plus All Drinks on board
(selected drinks) with meals and at the bar from Midday to Midnight
Upper Deck Cabin Upgrade - £200.00 Per Person
Sole Occupancy Supplement (Single room/Main Deck cabin) - £950.00
The deposit for this tour is 30% of the holiday cost and the balance is payable 120 days prior to departure
OTHER 'DRIVE & CRUISE' TOURS INCLUDE