THE BLACK FOREST &
RHINE VALLEY RIVER CRUISE
Combine a spectacular driving tour of the enchanting Black Forest with a Romantic Rhine Valley Cruise on board CroisiEurope's river cruise ship, MS La Boheme from Strasbourg.
In the Black Forest you will be treated to quaint half-timbered buildings to admire as they nestle in delightful historic towns and villages. There are also dramatic gorges carved by the River Rhine, plus of course those magnificent cuckoo clocks and the famous Black Forest Gateau. This scenic tour is based in the delightful village of Hornberg, set in the beautiful Gutach mountain valley, in the district of Reichenbach in the heart of the Black Forest.
Schwarzwaldhochstrasse is the ultimate driving road of the Black Forest region and no visit would be complete without a drive on it. At about 3,000 feet/900m, the 44-mile/70km stretch of the B-500 road runs along the ridges of a low mountain range. Along the way, you can look up at the 4,900-ft/ 1,493m Feldberg, the highest point in the Black Forest, and down into some spectacular ravines.
The River Rhine is truly one of Europe’s greatest international waterways. Enshrined in the culture and literature of the six countries through which it passes, no other river in the world has so many old and famous cities on its banks. From the comfort of your first-class floating hotel you will be transported through landscapes that change constantly from the gentle and placid to the most sheer and dramatic. There’s nothing quite like the anticipation of gliding up to the promenade of a river port; where you can explore tiny cobbled streets and alleyways leading past quirkily crooked, half-timbered houses to quiet, intimate squares. A cruise on the River Rhine will be a memory to treasure for always.
Black Forest &
Rhine Cruise Itinerary
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Bascharage, Luxembourg & the Gulliver Hotel including a welcome dinner
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 255 miles / Zeebrugge - 200 miles
Rotterdam - 250 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover/Calais - see other crossings above
• 1 Night at the Gulliver Hotel, Bascharage
• 4 Nights at the Landhaus Lauble or Schloss Hornberg Hotels in Hornberg, Germany
• Breakfast & Dinners as meal basis below
• Return Transfers from the Landhaus Lauble Hotel & the Cruise Ship in Strasbourg
• 6 Day, 5 Night Rhine Valley River Cruise on-board CroisiEurope's MS La Boheme
• All Breakfasts, Lunches & Dinners on-board
• All Drinks on board (selected drinks) with meals and at the bar from Midday to Midnight
• All Port Fees & Charges
• 1 Night at Hotel du Golf, Chamouille
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives, Cruise Information & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels including Secure Car Parking at the Landhaus Lauble or Schloss Hornberg for the duration of the cruise
• Cruise Excursions (not included) can be pre-booked or bookable on-board ship.
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
MS LA BOHEME
Facilities include a restaurant, lounge bar and dance floor, small library, gift shop and large sundeck. Passengers tend to be 45+ and Europeans & Americans. All cabins are located above water level and offer panoramic views with twin or double bed, an en suite bathroom flat screen TV, radio, hairdryer and safe. Dining in the restaurant comprises of Buffet breakfast, lunch and a 3 course dinner. There is a variety of entertainment including quizzes, games and music & dancing. Dress code is casual during the day and more elegant clothing in the evening.
Dates & Prices
Staying at the Schloss Hornberg Hotel, Black Forest
Staying at the Landhaus Lauble Hotel, Black Forest
*Please note: All prices shown above are per person and based on 2 persons sharing a car and a twin/double room & main deck cabin
Meal Basis - Hotels: Breakfast each morning & 7 Dinners / Ship: All Breakfasts, Lunches & Dinners plus All Drinks on board (selected drinks) with meals and at the bar from Midday to Midnight
Upper Deck Cabin Upgrade - £170.00 Per Person
Sole Occupancy Supplement (Single room/Main Deck cabin) - £700.00
The deposit for this tour is 30% of the holiday cost and the balance is payable 120 days prior to departure
OTHER 'DRIVE & CRUISE' TOURS INCLUDE