OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
These terms and conditions of booking set out the terms on which your contract with us, ‘Albatross Motoring Limited’ is based upon. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
All information provided in our leaflets, brochure or website is, to the best of our knowledge or belief, correct at the time of publication. We will advise you of any changes that are fundamental to the contract, or which we believe will affect your enjoyment of the holiday. Please advise us if there is any requirement, which you believe is fundamental to your holiday so that we can give you the latest information at time of booking. In these terms and conditions of booking, Scenic Car Tours, Amazing Road Journeys, Classic & Historic Motorsport Events and US Road Trips are all trading names of Albatross Motoring Limited, Company Registration Number 9000671. “You” and “Your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). “We”, “us” and “our” means Albatross Motoring Limited. Except where otherwise stated, these booking conditions only apply to the holiday arrangements that you book with us in the UK and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you. All references in these booking conditions to “holiday”, “booking”, “contract” or “arrangements” mean such holiday arrangements unless otherwise stated.
1. BOOKING You must either: i) complete and sign a booking form and send this to us with the per person deposit as required, ii) make an on-line booking via our website, or iii) Make a booking with one of our reservation staff over the telephone. In all cases at the time of paying a deposit you will automatically be deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions of booking. In the case of bookings that are made less than ten weeks before departure full payment will be required at the time of booking. The person who makes the booking accepts responsibility for other members of the party, and in particular for payment for all the persons on the booking. You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking. Where a booking is made through a group or club organiser or other agent, any money paid by you to the said organiser/agent is held on our behalf. A contract is made when we accept your booking and deposit payment. We will then send you our written confirmation and invoice. If we cannot accept a booking, any monies paid will be promptly refunded. In the case where a holiday is based on specially negotiated or limited ferry or air-fares or booked in specific booking class, you will be notified at the time of booking if space is not available at the special rate, we will then endeavour to secure space for you in an alternative class and will advise you of any additional cost and at this point you will have the choice whether or not to continue with your booking. Please note: Once booked most special ferry or air fares are non refundable and non-changeable and you will be advised at the time of booking, should your fare carry any additional restrictions.
2. PAYMENT We hold your deposit towards the full cost of the holiday. The balance must be received by us no later than ten weeks prior to departure, or by the final payment due date shown on your tour confirmation invoice and tour documentation. If you do not pay the full cost within the time specified we may treat your holiday as being cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges shown in clause 4 will apply. If Paying by Credit Card - We accept Visa and MasterCard credit or debit cards. As of 13th January 2018, payments using these cards will not incur any additional charges. We also accept payments made by; cheque and direct bank payment. Please note: We do not accept American Express, Diners club of other cards.
3. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE a) Prices shown are given as an indication and are unless otherwise indicated, starting prices are based on two persons sharing a twin or double room and a car in the lowest booking season. Full pricing details are shown on our website or may be obtained by calling us. b) We reserve the right to notify you of any alteration in the advertised price and any changes in holiday arrangements before accepting your booking. c) Once you have made your booking and paid a deposit, the price is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any additional surcharges. d) Prices in this brochure and on our website are calculated on rates of exchange linked to those available to us; either based on rates previously secured or our view of currency exchange rates applicable at the time payments are due. e) Single supplements are payable for sole occupancy of a room and a car. A single room does not guarantee the allocation of a double or twin room, and in some instances may be a small room with one single bed. For triple or quad occupancy, this may be a standard room with either a camp bed, fold/roll-away bed, or in some cases a mattress on the floor and in most cases this will result in space in the room being limited. Please note: In some European hotels, a twin room may consist of a large bed base topped with 2 single mattresses with separate bedding.
4. CANCELLATION BY YOU If you fail to pay the full cost of the holiday within the specified time or if you cancel your holiday, you will be liable as a minimum, to pay the charges detailed below up to the point of cancellation. Or in the case of failure to pay your balance the due date, we may deem your booking to have been cancelled by you. All cancellations must be made in writing by the person who made the booking.Any cancellation charges will be calculated according to the date when we receive written notice of cancellation, or the date upon which your cancellation is treated as occurring due to non-payment. We reserve the right to apply the following cancellation charges based on a proportion of the total cost of the holiday as shown on our invoice, excluding those items referred to below. More than 70 days: Loss of deposit 70-42 days: 50% of holiday cost (or deposit if greater) 41-30 days: 70% of holiday cost (or deposit if greater) 29-15 days: 90% of holiday cost 14-0 days: 100% of holiday cost Please Note; non refundable ferry or air tickets will be charged at 100% and the above scale of charges will then apply to the remainder of the holiday cost. Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable. Additional accommodation costs for reduced occupancy or other components, may be payable in the event that one or more passengers cancel but where remaining passengers still wish to travel. If your cancellation falls within the provisions of your travel insurance policy you may be able to make a claim which must be made direct to your insurance company. Group Bookings – cancellation charges shown above will apply to all and any members of the group who wish to cancel in the unlikely event of the cancellation by the lead booking/passenger.
5. CANCELLATION & VARIATION BY US We start planning the holidays we offer many months in advance and occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in the brochure and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings, events or activities. Holidays to remote parts of the world carry the risk that parts of the holiday may be subject to alterations beyond our control, sometimes at short notice. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. However, we promise we will only cancel your confirmed booking less than ten weeks before departure where we are forced to do so as a result of ‘circumstances beyond our control’ (see clause 6). Minimum Numbers - Some of our holidays require a minimum number of cars and/or participants to enable us to operate them. If the minimum number required has not been achieved, we reserve the right to cancel the tour providing we notify you of the cancellation no less than ten weeks before departure. In such cases we cannot be held liable or responsible for costs of additional travel arrangements made in association with the cancelled holiday, unless these arrangements are booked through Scenic Car Tours. Changes - Most changes are minor, minor changes include; a change of ferry, ferry company, airline or aircraft, ferry or flight time change of less than 12 hours, change of London or local airports and/or local connecting transport and changes to supplementary arrangements such as excursions, or change of accommodation to another of the same standard. Occasionally, we may have to make a significant change. If we have to make a significant change or cancel arrangements, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options: i) accepting the changed arrangements, or ii) purchasing an alternative holiday from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked, if available. If the cost of this alternative is less than your original holiday, we will refund the price difference. If you do not wish to accept the holiday we specifically offer you, you may choose any of our other then available holidays. You must pay the applicable price of any such holiday, or iii) cancelling, or accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us (excluding travel insurance). If we have to make a significant change to your holiday or cancel your holiday we will as a minimum, where compensation is due and appropriate, pay you the compensation as set out in the following table, subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will NOT be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where: i) we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care, or ii) If we have to cancel because the minimum number of bookings necessary for us to operate your holiday has not been reached (see ‘‘Minimum Numbers’). No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as not receiving payment on time) or where a change is a minor one. Period before departure when a significant change or Compensation cancellation is notified to you Per Person More than 70 days before departure: Nil 70-30 days before departure: £20.00 29-15 days before departure: £30.00 14-8 days before departure: £40.00 7-0 days before departure: £50.00 Very rarely, we may be forced by ‘circumstances beyond our control’ (see clause 6) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your holiday. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain these from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result. We do not control the day to day management of your accommodation, and in exceptional cases it is possible that we may be advised that the reserved accommodation has been overbooked. If this happens before your departure or on arrival in resort we will endeavour to provide accommodation of at least the same standard in the same resort area. If as a result only accommodation of a lower standard is available we will refund the difference of the holiday price. i.e. the difference between the accommodation pre-booked and that replacement hotel. In addition we will pay up to £50 per person for any inconvenience caused. Other Hotel Guests - It is normal for hotels or other types of accommodation to have other medium to large size groups staying at the same time as you. These groups may be participating in conventions, conferences or could be sporting or other leisure groups. At certain times of the year, there may be an influx of groups such as students on organised educational visits (popular during school holidays), associations or clubs. This may result in hotel facilities being much busier than usual or additional demands on hotel staff and services. In this case we cannot be held liable or responsible for any inconvenience caused by such groups or their activities.
6. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of ‘circumstances beyond our control’. In these booking conditions, ‘circumstances beyond our control’ means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity and its consequences (including suspected terrorist activity and all action taken during any “terror alert”), industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport, fire and all similar events outside our control. This list is not exhaustive.
7. REFUNDS POLICY Refunds will normally be processed in the form of payment used at the time of booking. This will be made payable to the person who made the original payment. The time the refund takes will depend on the form of payment. We will endeavour to refund all credit card payments, once approved within 48 hours.
8. OWN ARRANGEMENTS We cannot be held liable or responsible for any elements of your holiday which are considered “own arrangements” i.e., not included in our holiday package. We recommend that you ensure that you take out appropriate insurance to cover any such arrangements.
9. VARIATION BY YOU Alterations to your booking are at our discretion and must be requested by the person making the booking. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £25 per change in addition to any additional booking charges incurred as a result of the changes made. This includes; Any costs resulting in changes in occupancy following a cancellation (see 4. Cancellation by You). Additional fees may be charged, depending on the cost and work caused to us by the requested change. If you are unable to travel for an unavoidable reason we may transfer your booking to another person(s) suggested by you provided that a request for such a transfer is made at least 30 days before departure and is accompanied by written proof of your reason for being unable to travel (such as a Doctor’s Certificate) together with all original travel documents which you may have received and the full name and address of the transferee. The transferee must fulfil any conditions that apply to the holiday, and all costs of the original booking and of the transfer must be paid before the transfer can be effected. The cost of the transfer will consist of both an administration charge of £50 and any costs which our suppliers impose. For example, for any variation, ferry companies or scheduled airlines may require payment of 100% cancellation charges and the cost of a new ticket. In all cases, insurance premiums are not transferable. If you cut short your holiday or pre-booked hotel or accommodation duration (including any reimbursement for meals, excursions or other holiday components not taken for this or any other reason) we are unable to offer you any refund of your holiday not completed or assist with any curtailment cost you may incur. Depending on the circumstances, your travel insurance may offer cover for curtailment and we suggest that any claim is made directly with them in accordance with policy conditions.
10. HEALTH, VISA & DOCUMENTS i) It is each passengers responsibilty to ensure that they have a valid passport and all required visas (where required), all inoculations and health certificates for all countries to be visited. It is also each persons responsibility to cover all costs for this. Please consult your doctor well in advance of departure. Your passport must be valid for at least three months after your return to the UK. ii) We will offer reasonable assistance and advice to you in how to obtain such items, but we cannot in any circumstances be held responsible if any member of the party is not permitted to enter onto any transport or into any country. iii) If you or any member of your party is not a British Citizen or does not hold a British citizens passport, it is your responsibilty to check the passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country or countries through which you are travelling through. Information on health is contained in the Department of Health leaflet T7 (Health Advice for Travellers) available from the Department of Health on 0870 1555455 or on-line at and from most Post Office counters. For Foreign Office advice contact European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) An EHIC is free, and it’s valid throughout the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. The EEA consists of the European Union member states plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The card enables you to access reduced-cost, sometimes free, state-provided healthcare that becomes necessary during your trip because of either illness or an accident. It also covers you for pre-existing conditions. You can find full details of the cover and who is eligible on the NHS Choices website. EHICs are valid for up to five years. The quickest way to get your card is to apply online:
11. SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES Our tours are not designed for participants to undertake special projects or research whether in connection with study, employment or otherwise. We cannot accept any liability for any losses or damages arising out of such use or planned use nor for any loss or damage which has special financial consequences. Please note: if you do intend to use one of our tours for such purposes you should obtain adequate insurance in respect of it and any special equipment you decide to bring with you on such tours.
12. HOLIDAY PARTICIPATION It is a condition of participation in one of our holidays that you agree to accept the authority and decisions of our employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on holiday with us. If in the opinion of such a person your health or conduct at any time, before or after departure, appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or positive progress of a holiday, you may be excluded from all or part of the tour and/or we may terminate your holiday, and any additional costs incurred by you as a result of such exclusion will be your responsibility. In the case of ill health we may make such arrangements as we see fit and recover any resulting costs from you. We reserve the right, in certain circumstances, to decline any booking.
13. OUR RESPONSIBILITY We make every effort to ensure that the holiday arrangements we have agreed to provide as part of our contract with you are delivered with reasonable skill and care. We will monitor and control the performance of our suppliers and judge their performance against the standards and customs in the country where the services are provided. Subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted holiday arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted holiday arrangements. Please note, it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care have not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers). We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: a) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or b) the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or c) ‘circumstances beyond our control’ as defined in clause 6 above Please note we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services including excursions or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised by us and we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract. In addition, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description i) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or ii) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers or iii) arises out of use of our services for special projects or research whether in connection with study, employment or otherwise or iv) is connected with any business. For all claims which do not involve death or personal injury or loss / damage of / to personal possessions (see below), if we are found liable to you on any basis the maximum amount we will have to pay you is twice the amount paid for your holiday (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total. This maximum amount will only be payable where your holiday has failed in its entirety and you have not received any benefit at all from your holiday. Nothing in these booking conditions shall exclude or limit in any way our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees. Excursions - Where we offer the opportunity to purchase excursions and activities (“excursions”) These excursions can be booked at the same time and as part of your inclusive holiday package or separately (with or without booking any other travel arrangements). In most cases we act only as agent in respect of the sale of these excursions. For all bookings of these excursions (except as referred to below), you will have a contract with the Excursion Organiser and not with us and we will have no liability for the excursions or for the acts or omissions of Excursion Organiser or any of its employees, agents, suppliers or sub-contractors. The conditions of Excursion Organiser (and not these booking conditions) apply which are shown during the booking process. If any of the excursions are booked and paid for directly with us as part of and at the same time as an inclusive holiday package, the excursion will form part of your contract with us and our booking conditions will apply to the excursion. The conditions of the Excursion Organiser will apply to any liability they may have to you.
14. TRAVEL DELAY Should delays due to weather conditions disrupt your itinerary, additional costs may be incurred and these would be the responsibility of you, the client. We regret we are not in a position to offer you any assistance in the event of delay at your outward or homeward point of departure; however, you will be assisted by the ferry operator or airlines in accordance with their individual policy on delay. We cannot accept liability for any delay which is due to any of the reasons set out in clause 6 of these booking conditions (which includes the behaviour of any passenger(s) on the ferry crossing or flight who, for example, fails to check in or board on time). Where long delays result in lost holiday time we are unable to offer any refunds for unused accommodation or other services as reimbursement will not be made by our suppliers in these circumstances, and hotel rooms are held for delayed arrivals and not re-let. We strongly recommend you have adequate relevant insurance provisions in place to fully cover such eventualities.
15. AIR & SEA CARRIERS The liabilities of air, sea, rail and road carriers are governed by the following amended or un-amended: the Warsaw Convention and the Montreal Convention for international travel by air and/or for airlines with an operating licence granted by an EU country, the EC Regulation on Air Carrier Liability No. 889/2002 for national and international travel by air, the Athens Convention for travel by sea, the Berne Convention for travel by rail and the Geneva Convention for travel by road. Air and sea carriers produce Conditions of Carriage, which form part of your contract both with us and with the air and sea carrier, available from the carrier or from us along with copies of applicable international conventions and regulations. You are bound by those conditions when booking your holiday. Strict obligations are outlined on your ticket or the Conditions of Carriage for making claims for missing or damaged baggage that must be followed. Where any claim or part of a claim against us (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier concerned would have to pay under the applicable international convention or regulation (see above). Please note: where a carrier or hotelier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier for the complaint or claim in question. In accordance with EU Directive (EC) No 2111/2005 Article 9, we are required to bring to your attention the existence of a “Community list” which contains details of air carriers who are subject to an operating ban within the EU. The Community list is available for inspection at transport/air/safety/flywell_en.htm. In accordance with EU Regulations we are required to advise you of the actual carrier(s) (or, if the actual carrier(s) is not known, the likely carrier(s)) that will operate your flight(s) at the time of booking. Where we are only able to inform you of the likely carrier(s) at the time of booking, we shall inform you of the identity of the actual carrier(s) as soon as we become aware of this. Any change to the operating carrier(s) after your booking has been confirmed will be notified to you as soon as possible. If the carrier with whom you have a confirmed reservation becomes subject to an operating ban as above as a result of which we/the carrier are unable to offer you a suitable alternative the provisions of clause 5 “Cancellation and Variation by us” will apply. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clauses 5 and 6. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted from this amount. If your airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Air Transport Users’ Council on 020 72406061 . We are not always in a position at the time of booking to confirm the ferry or flight timings, which will be used in connection with your primary ferry or flight. The timings shown in our brochure, on our website and/or detailed on your tour confirmation invoice are for guidance only and are subject to alteration and confirmation. All Ferry and flight timings are outside our control. They are set by the ferry companies or airlines and are subject to various factors including air traffic control restrictions, weather conditions, potential technical problems and the ability of passengers to check in on time. Specific instructions relating to departure and travel arrangements will be sent with your ferry, air or other travel tickets approximately 2 weeks before departure. You must check your tickets very carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct and up to date ferry or flight times. It is possible that these times may be changed even after tickets have been despatched - we will contact you as soon as possible if this occurs. Any change in the identity of the carrier, ferry or flight timings, and/or vessel/aircraft type (if advised) will not entitle you to cancel or change to other arrangements without paying our normal charges except where specified in these conditions. In accordance with EU legislation, we are required to draw your attention to restrictions concerning the import of food items which cannot be brought into the EU (including the UK), from outside the EU. For details please see
16. INSURANCE The costs of medical and other treatment overseas, breakdown assistance and/or repatriation for yourself and/or your car can be extremely expensive and we cannot be held liable in anyway to assist in meeting these costs. It is therefore a condition of booking with us that you obtain adequate insurance cover. This includes personal travel insurance, Car insurance and Breakdown insurance.
17. SPECIAL REQUESTS & MEDICAL CONDITIONS & DISABILITIES If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability, for your own protection, you should obtain confirmation in writing that a special request will be provided (where it is possible to give this) where it is important to you. We regret we cannot accept any conditional bookings, i.e. any booking which is specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a particular request. All such bookings will be treated as “standard” bookings subject to the above provisions on special requests. If you or any member of your party has any medical condition or disability which may affect your holiday or has any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), you must tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the arrangements and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your holiday develops or worsens after your booking has been confirmed.
18. CAR PARKING Whilst every effort is made to contract hotels with complimentary secure on-site car parking. There may be occasions where the parking offered is not operated by the hotel, and parking charges may be payable locally. Where possible we ask hotels to reserve car parking for our clients however we can not guarantee this and in the case where hotel car parks become full we cannot be held liable for any costs incurred as a result. Some hotels offer secure underground car parking, however this may not be suitable for over-height vehicles or cars with low ground clearance. It is the responsibility of the driver of each vehicle to assess whether or not they are able to enter and exit these facilities without damage to their car or the parking facility. Scenic Car Tours cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to vehicles as a result.
19. COMPLAINTS If you have any reason to be unhappy with any element of your holiday, we would ask you first to bring this to the attention of the person in charge of the relevant service, on the spot. If this is not possible please either contact our local representative if applicable, or our UK office, using the number provided with your travel documents. It is essential that you do this to enable us to put matters right immediately where possible. Failure to do this may mean that any claim for compensation will be affected. If a problem remains unresolved during your holiday you should make a complaint in writing to Scenic Car Tours within 28 days of the completion of your holiday. We will reply to you within 28 days of receipt of your letter and in accordance with our code of conduct. If, despite our best efforts and having followed the above procedure for reporting and resolving your complaint, you feel that it has not been satisfactorily settled, we recommend that it is referred for arbitration under the ABTOT Travel Industry Arbitration Service. An Independent Arbitrator will review the documents relating to any complaint and deliver a binding decision to bring the matter to a close. Details of this scheme are available from The Travel Industry Arbitration Service, administered by Dispute Settlement Services Limited, 9 Savill Road, Lindfield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 2NY This scheme cannot however decide in cases where the sums claimed exceed £5,000 per person or £10,000 per booking form, or for claims which are solely or mainly in respect of physical injury or illness or the consequence thereof.
20. FINANCIAL SECURITY The Association of Bonded Travel Organisers Trust Limited (ABTOT) provides financial protection under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 for Albatross Motoring Ltd, membership number 5405, and in the event of their insolvency, protection is provided for the following: 1) Non-flight packages and 2) Flight inclusive packages that commence outside of the EEA, which are sold to customers outside of the EEA. ABTOT cover provides for a refund in the event you have not yet travelled or repatriation if you are abroad. Please note that bookings made outside the EEA are only protected by ABTOT when purchased directly with Albatross Motoring Limited. In the unlikely event that you require assistance whilst abroad due to our financial failure, please call ABTOT on 020 7065 5311 (during office hours Monday to Friday) or their 24/7 helpline on or 01702 811397 and advise you are a customer of an ABTOT protected travel company. You can access The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 here:
21. HOLIDAYS THAT INCLUDE AIR TRAVEL Where a holiday or short break includes air travel, all travel arrangements will be operated on our behalf by Success Tours ATOL No.5114. Success Tours are also a part of the Albatross Group of Companies and are financially bonded by ATOL (Air Tour Operators Licence). Success Tours terms and conditions of booking will apply.
22. PERSONAL DATA Your personal data (including sensitive personal data) has been provided to us for the purposes of: making a reservation; recording and issuing a ticket/itinerary and confirmation invoice and ancillary documentation associated with your holiday; advising you of changes to your itinerary; responding to your queries or requests; issuing receipts; providing you with your holiday; providing you with ancillary services related to your holiday; administration of accounting, billing and auditing procedures and other administrative purposes; meeting security requirements; prevention and detection of crime; handling customer relations issues; analysis of statistics; assisting us in future transactions with you; systems testing; market analysis; tailoring our marketing to your specific holiday needs; bench-marking and performance measures; IT maintenance or development training; meeting legal obligations to you; making data available to government agencies in connection with your holiday (for example, security, customs or immigration where we are required by applicable law to do so); making data available to third parties that we deem necessary in the event of an emergency; and other purposes associated with or incidental to your holiday.
For all these purposes, you authorise us to retain and use such data and to transmit to and/or to share it with our own offices; our principals or agents; our other companies and/or brands; anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties; third party companies offering related services; governments and government agencies; credit card and other payment card companies; and airlines or providers of such related services, or other third parties that we deem necessary. We may also retain your personal data for direct marketing, but we will obtain your authority to do this first.
We may require the name and contact details of a third party whom we may contact in an emergency. It is your responsibility to ensure that the third party consents to the disclosure of the information provided for that purpose. If you would like to know what personal data we are holding about you and/or correct the personal data that we hold about you, please contact us. Scenic Car Tours, Amazing Road Journeys, Classic & Historic Motorsport Events and US Road Trips are all trading names of Albatross Motoring Limited and a part of the Albatross Group.
Registered Office: Albatross House, 14 New Hythe Lane, Larkfied, Kent ME20 6AB
Telephone: 01732 879153 Company Registration No. 9000671 VAT Reg. No.193 5026 07