OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING
These terms and conditions of booking set out the terms on which your contract with us, ‘Albatross Motoring Limited’ is based upon. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
All information provided in our leaflets, brochure or website is, to the best of our knowledge or belief, correct at the time of publication. We will advise you of any changes that are fundamental to the contract, or which we believe will affect your enjoyment of the holiday. Please advise us if there is any requirement, which you believe is fundamental to your holiday so that we can give you the latest information at time of booking. In these terms and conditions of booking, Scenic Car Tours, Amazing Road Journeys, Classic & Historic Motorsport Events and US Road Trips are all trading names of Albatross Motoring Limited, Company Registration Number 9000671. “You” and “Your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date). “We”, “us” and “our” means Albatross Motoring Limited. Except where otherwise stated, these booking conditions only apply to the holiday arrangements that you book with us in the UK and which we agree to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of our contract with you. All references in these booking conditions to “holiday”, “booking”, “contract” or “arrangements” mean such holiday arrangements unless otherwise stated.
1. BOOKING You must either: i) complete and sign a booking form and send this to us with the per person deposit as required, ii) make an on-line booking via our website, or iii) Make a booking with one of our reservation staff over the telephone. In all cases at the time of paying a deposit you will automatically be deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions of booking. In the case of bookings that are made less than ten weeks before departure full payment will be required at the time of booking. The person who makes the booking accepts responsibility for other members of the party, and in particular for payment for all the persons on the booking. You must be at least 18 years old to make a booking. Where a booking is made through a group or club organiser or other agent, any money paid by you to the said organiser/agent is held on our behalf. A contract is made when we accept your booking and deposit payment. We will then send you our written confirmation and invoice. If we cannot accept a booking, any monies paid will be promptly refunded. In the case where a holiday is based on specially negotiated or limited ferry or air-fares or booked in specific booking class, you will be notified at the time of booking if space is not available at the special rate, we will then endeavour to secure space for you in an alternative class and will advise you of any additional cost and at this point you will have the choice whether or not to continue with your booking. Please note: Once booked most special ferry or air fares are non refundable and non-changeable and you will be advised at the time of booking, should your fare carry any additional restrictions.
2. PAYMENT We hold your deposit towards the full cost of the holiday. The balance must be received by us no later than ten weeks prior to departure, or by the final payment due date shown on your tour confirmation invoice and tour documentation. If you do not pay the full cost within the time specified we may treat your holiday as being cancelled by you in which case the cancellation charges shown in clause 4 will apply. If Paying by Credit Card - We accept Visa and MasterCard credit or debit cards. As of 13th January 2018, payments using these cards will not incur any additional charges. We also accept payments made by; cheque and direct bank payment. Please note: We do not accept American Express, Diners club of other cards.
3. YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE a) Prices shown are given as an indication and are unless otherwise indicated, starting prices are based on two persons sharing a twin or double room and a car in the lowest booking season. Full pricing details are shown on our website or may be obtained by calling us. b) We reserve the right to notify you of any alteration in the advertised price and any changes in holiday arrangements before accepting your booking. c) Once you have made your booking and paid a deposit, the price is fully guaranteed and will not be subject to any additional surcharges. d) Prices in this brochure and on our website are calculated on rates of exchange linked to those available to us; either based on rates previously secured or our view of currency exchange rates applicable at the time payments are due. e) Single supplements are payable for sole occupancy of a room and a car. A single room does not guarantee the allocation of a double or twin room, and in some instances may be a small room with one single bed. For triple or quad occupancy, this may be a standard room with either a camp bed, fold/roll-away bed, or in some cases a mattress on the floor and in most cases this will result in space in the room being limited. Please note: In some European hotels, a twin room may consist of a large bed base topped with 2 single mattresses with separate bedding.
4. CANCELLATION BY YOU If you fail to pay the full cost of the holiday within the specified time or if you cancel your holiday, you will be liable as a minimum, to pay the charges detailed below up to the point of cancellation. Or in the case of failure to pay your balance the due date, we may deem your booking to have been cancelled by you. All cancellations must be made in writing by the person who made the booking.Any cancellation charges will be calculated according to the date when we receive written notice of cancellation, or the date upon which your cancellation is treated as occurring due to non-payment. We reserve the right to apply the following cancellation charges based on a proportion of the total cost of the holiday as shown on our invoice, excluding those items referred to below. More than 70 days: Loss of deposit 70-42 days: 50% of holiday cost (or deposit if greater) 41-30 days: 70% of holiday cost (or deposit if greater) 29-15 days: 90% of holiday cost 14-0 days: 100% of holiday cost Please Note; non refundable ferry or air tickets will be charged at 100% and the above scale of charges will then apply to the remainder of the holiday cost. Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable. Additional accommodation costs for reduced occupancy or other components, may be payable in the event that one or more passengers cancel but where remaining passengers still wish to travel. If your cancellation falls within the provisions of your travel insurance policy you may be able to make a claim which must be made direct to your insurance company. Group Bookings – cancellation charges shown above will apply to all and any members of the group who wish to cancel in the unlikely event of the cancellation by the lead booking/passenger.
5. CANCELLATION & VARIATION BY US We start planning the holidays we offer many months in advance and occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors in the brochure and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings, events or activities. Holidays to remote parts of the world carry the risk that parts of the holiday may be subject to alterations beyond our control, sometimes at short notice. Whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so. However, we promise we will only cancel your confirmed booking less than ten weeks before departure where we are forced to do so as a result of ‘circumstances beyond our control’ (see clause 6). Minimum Numbers - Some of our holidays require a minimum number of cars and/or participants to enable us to operate them. If the minimum number required has not been achieved, we reserve the right to cancel the tour providing we notify you of the cancellation no less than ten weeks before departure. In such cases we cannot be held liable or responsible for costs of additional travel arrangements made in association with the cancelled holiday, unless these arrangements are booked through Scenic Car Tours. Changes - Most changes are minor, minor changes include; a change of ferry, ferry company, airline or aircraft, ferry or flight time change of less than 12 hours, change of London or local airports and/or local connecting transport and changes to supplementary arrangements such as excursions, or change of accommodation to another of the same standard. Occasionally, we may have to make a significant change. If we have to make a significant change or cancel arrangements, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options: i) accepting the changed arrangements, or ii) purchasing an alternative holiday from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked, if available. If the cost of this alternative is less than your original holiday, we will refund the price difference. If you do not wish to accept the holiday we specifically offer you, you may choose any of our other then available holidays. You must pay the applicable price of any such holiday, or iii) cancelling, or accepting the cancellation, in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us (excluding travel insurance). If we have to make a significant change to your holiday or cancel your holiday we will as a minimum, where compensation is due and appropriate, pay you the compensation as set out in the following table, subject to the following exceptions. Compensation will NOT be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where: i) we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care, or ii) If we have to cancel because the minimum number of bookings necessary for us to operate your holiday has not been reached (see ‘‘Minimum Numbers’). No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as not receiving payment on time) or where a change is a minor one. Period before departure when a significant change or Compensation cancellation is notified to you Per Person More than 70 days before departure: Nil 70-30 days before departure: £20.00 29-15 days before departure: £30.00 14-8 days before departure: £40.00 7-0 days before departure: £50.00 Very rarely, we may be forced by ‘circumstances beyond our control’ (see clause 6) to change or terminate your holiday after departure but before the scheduled end of your holiday. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain these from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result. We do not control the day to day management of your accommodation, and in exceptional cases it is possible that we may be advised that the reserved accommodation has been overbooked. If this happens before your departure or on arrival in resort we will endeavour to provide accommodation of at least the same standard in the same resort area. If as a result only accommodation of a lower standard is available we will refund the difference of the holiday price. i.e. the difference between the accommodation pre-booked and that replacement hotel. In addition we will pay up to £50 per person for any inconvenience caused. Other Hotel Guests - It is normal for hotels or other types of accommodation to have other medium to large size groups staying at the same time as you. These groups may be participating in conventions, conferences or could be sporting or other leisure groups. At certain times of the year, there may be an influx of groups such as students on organised educational visits (popular during school holidays), associations or clubs. This may result in hotel facilities being much busier than usual