Combine a spectacular driving tour of the wonderful Alsace Region with a Romantic Rhine Valley Cruise on board CroisiEurope's river cruise ship, MS La Boheme from Strasbourg.
Colmar is is nestled among vineyards and its traditional houses, canals, floral displays, amazing cuisine and famous beers and wines, make Colmar an outstanding microcosm of Alsace. Colmar, the capital of the Alsacian wines, situated near Germany and Switzerland between the Vosges and the Rhine, Strasbourg and Mulhouse, offers visitors an exciting glimpse of a 1000 years of European history.
The Alsace is the Germanic region of France. It is a region lying on the west bank of the river Rhine, between the Rhine and the Vosges mountains. To the north and east it shares a border with Germany; to the south with German-speaking Switzerland and to the west with Lorraine and Franche Comté. Here, the candy-coloured towns and villages look as though they've popped up from a children's bedtime story. The gently rolling countryside, lined with vines is nothing short of idyllic and everywhere locals swear by centuries-old traditions.
Cité de l'Automobile was created by the famous Schlumpf brothers who collected the most beautiful and fastest vehicles. Go and admire the marvellous Bugatti Royale, the Rolls Royces and the Ferraris. Discover the cars that made history and experience the collection in an entertaining and interactive surrounding.
The River Rhine is truly one of Europe’s greatest international waterways. Enshrined in the culture and literature of the six countries through which it passes, no other river in the world has so many old and famous cities on its banks. From the comfort of your first-class floating hotel, you will be transported through landscapes that change constantly from the gentle and placid to the most sheer and dramatic. There’s nothing quite like the anticipation of gliding up to the promenade of a river port; where you can explore tiny cobbled streets and alleyways leading past quirkily crooked, half-timbered houses to quiet, intimate squares. A cruise on the River Rhine will be a memory to treasure for always.
Colmar, Alsace &
Rhine Cruise Itinerary
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Bascharage, Luxembourg & the Gulliver Hotel including a welcome dinner
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 255 miles / Zeebrugge - 200 miles
Rotterdam - 250 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover/Calais - see other crossing options above
• 1 Night at the Gulliver Hotel, Bascharage
• 4 Nights at the Domaine du Moulin Hotel, Near Mulhouse
• Breakfast & Dinners as meal basis below
• Return Transfers from the Domaine du Moulin Hotel & the Cruise Ship in Strasbourg
• 6 Day, 5 Night Rhine Valley River Cruise on-board CroisiEurope's MS La Boheme
• All Breakfasts, Lunches & Dinners on-board
• All Drinks on board (selected drinks) with meals and at the bar from Midday to Midnight
• All Port Fees & Charges
• 1 Night at Hotel du Golf, Chamouille
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives, Cruise Information & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels including Secure Car Parking at the Landhaus Lauble or Schloss Hornberg for the duration of the cruise
• Cruise Excursions (not included) can be pre-booked or bookable on-board ship.
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
MS LA BOHEME
Facilities include a restaurant, lounge bar and dance floor, small library, gift shop and large sundeck. Passengers tend to be 45+ and Europeans & Americans. All cabins are located above water level and offer panoramic views with twin or double bed, an en suite bathroom flat screen TV, radio, hairdryer and safe. Dining in the restaurant comprises of Buffet breakfast, lunch and a 3 course dinner. There is a variety of entertainment including quizzes, games and music & dancing. Dress code is casual during the day and more elegant clothing in the evening.
OTHER 'DRIVE & CRUISE' TOURS INCLUDE