THE LAND OF FIRE & ICE
Without doubt, Iceland’s Fire and Ice Tour, is one of our most spectacular road trips. You'll drive past active volcanoes, blue icebergs and roaring waterfalls. If you’re searching for an unforgettable driving experience, a road trip around Iceland’s Ring Road will not disappoint. Lurking around every bend a stunning new landscape will reveal itself.
Driving Iceland’s Ring Road exposes you to bubbling geothermal springs, sparkling rainbows, beautiful horses, tumultuous waterfalls, and rugged mountains day after day. Now throw in the occasional glacial ice cave or an erupting volcano, and you’ll start to appreciate what traveling in Iceland is actually like. The photography opportunities here are unbelievable, and you’ll find yourself constantly pulling over for photos especially as the summer days in Iceland are so long. Remember you won't ever have to reach a destination "before it gets dark," since it doesn't get truly dark between the months of May and August.
Just as the name indicates, on this popular route you’ll navigate Iceland’s legendary and scenic Ring Road and traverse the magical Snæfellsnes Peninsula. Along the way, visit some of the country’s most spectacular natural attractions, including Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss, Detifoss and Goðafoss waterfalls and the lunar landscapes of Lake Mývatn, complete with craters and unearthly lava rock formations.
Why this is a Fly-Drive Tour - There are two main reason for this. Firstly, although you can get your car to Iceland, the only ferry route departs from Hirtsals in Denmark and, in addition, to the time and cost spent in getting there, the crossing takes 36 hours each way and is very expensive. Secondly, although the roads in Iceland are very good, there are quite a few 'unmade' gravel roads which we feel may not be suitable for many classic cars or sports cars with low clearance.
Iceland Fire & Ice
London to Keflavik, Iceland
Flight from London to Reykjavík–Keflavík Airport, and after completing customs and immigration, you'll collect your 4x4 rental car with the remainder of the day is at leisure.
Attractions include: Gunnuhver, Krýsuvík Hot Springs, Keilir Mountain, Lake Kleifarvatn and the continental divide, where you can cross between the two continents of Europe and North America, on the Bridge Between Continents.
Welcome dinner is included at the hotel.
Mileage approx. 30 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return Flights from London to Keflavík, Iceland (Other Regional Airports and flight prices may be available)
• 1 Piece of Checked in Luggage Per Person
• 12 Days Car Hire Peugeot Crossover or similar (car upgrades available on request)
• 1 Nights at the Centrum Hotel, Reykjavík
• 1 Night at the Vík i Myrdal or Kria Hotels, Vík
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon, Skaftafell
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Eastfjords
• 2 Nights at the Icelandair Hotel Mývatn, Lake Mývatn
• Whale Watching Cruise in Húsavík
• 1 Night at the Hótel Tindastóll, Sauðárkrókur
• 1 Night at the Hotel Laugarholl, Bjarnarfjörður near Hólmavík
• Ferry Crossing from Brjanslaekur to Stykkishólmur
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Stykkishólmur
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Reykholt
• 1 Night at the Centrum Hotel, Reykjavík
• Admission to the Blue Lagoon
• 11 Breakfasts & Evening Meals as per meal basis below
• Services of a Scenic Car Tours Representative throughout the tour
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - (Charges may apply locally)
OUR FIRE & ICE TOUR HOTELS
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Car Excess Insurance
When you collect your hire car you will asked for a credit card to cover an Insurance excess of 2850 Euros. This amount will not be taken or held on your card, although a credit card will still be required for security. In the case of a claim, this is the maximum amount you will have to pay towards the overall cost of any claim in the case of an accident or damage to the vehicle. We therefore recommend that you take out a Excess Cover Policy from your insurer or a third party to cover this amount.
Dates & Prices
Grand Tour of Iceland 'Fire & Ice Escorted Tour'