Without doubt, Iceland’s Fire and Ice Tour, is one of our most spectacular road trips. You'll drive past active volcanoes, blue icebergs and roaring waterfalls. If you’re searching for an unforgettable driving experience, a road trip around Iceland’s Ring Road will not disappoint. Lurking around every bend a stunning new landscape will reveal itself.
Driving Iceland’s Ring Road exposes you to bubbling geothermal springs, sparkling rainbows, beautiful horses, tumultuous waterfalls, and rugged mountains day after day. Now throw in the occasional glacial ice cave or an erupting volcano, and you’ll start to appreciate what traveling in Iceland is actually like. The photography opportunities here are unbelievable, and you’ll find yourself constantly pulling over for photos especially as the summer days in Iceland are so long. Remember you won't ever have to reach a destination "before it gets dark," since it doesn't get truly dark between the months of May and August.
Just as the name indicates, on this popular route you’ll navigate Iceland’s legendary and scenic Ring Road and traverse the magical Snæfellsnes Peninsula. Along the way, visit some of the country’s most spectacular natural attractions, including Þingvellir National Park, Gullfoss, Detifoss and Goðafoss waterfalls and the lunar landscapes of Lake Mývatn, complete with craters and unearthly lava rock formations.
Why this is a Fly-Drive Tour - There are two main reason for this. Firstly, although you can get your car to Iceland, the only ferry route departs from Hirtsals in Denmark and, in addition, to the time and cost spent in getting there, the crossing takes 36 hours each way and is very expensive. Secondly, although the roads in Iceland are very good, there are quite a few 'unmade' gravel roads which we feel may not be suitable for many classics or cars with low clearance. We have, therefore, included flights and 4x4 car hire based on a Suzuki Jimny with upgrades available on request.
Iceland Fire & Ice
London to Keflavik, Iceland
Flight from London to Reykjavík–Keflavík Airport, and after completing customs and immigration, you'll collect your 4x4 rental car with the remainder of the day is at leisure.
Attractions include: Gunnuhver, Krýsuvík Hot Springs, Keilir Mountain, Lake Kleifarvatn and the continental divide, where you can cross between the two continents of Europe and North America, on the Bridge Between Continents.
Welcome dinner is included at the hotel.
Mileage approx. 30 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return Flights from London to Keflavík, Iceland (Regional Airports may be available on Request)
• 1 Piece of Checked in Luggage Per Person
• 12 Days Car Hire 4x4 Suzuki Jimny or similar
(car upgrades available on request)
• 1 Nights at the Centrum Hotel, Reykjavík
• 1 Night at the Icelandair Hotel, Vík
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Glacier Lagoon, Skaftafell
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Eastfjords
• 2 Nights at the Icelandair Hotel Mývatn, Lake Mývatn
• Whale Watching Cruise in Húsavík
• 1 Night at the Hótel Tindastóll, Sauðárkrókur
• 1 Night at the Hotel Laugarholl, Bjarnarfjörður near Hólmavík
• Ferry Crossing from Brjanslaekur to Stykkishólmur
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Stykkishólmur
• 1 Night at the Fosshotel Reykholt
• 1 Night at the Centrum Hotel, Reykjavík
• Admission to the Blue Lagoon
• 11 Breakfasts & Evening Meals as per meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - some charges may apply locally
OUR FIRE & ICE TOUR HOTELS
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Iceland 'Fire & Ice Tour'