Savour a spectacular 23 day two island tour to New Zealand including self-drive care hire. Whether you’re a first time visitor or are making a return trip, the sheer majesty of New Zealand’s landscapes is a wonder to behold. What’s more, there’s excellent local food, wine and accommodation, and the people who make up the tiny population are a model of hospitality.
The North Island - Active volcanoes, island sanctuaries and history top the list when visiting New Zealand’s North Island. From the far north where New Zealand’s political history began, journey through landscapes that blend magnificent coast, sprawling farmlands and geothermal wonders. Maori culture is rich and ever-present in many parts of the North Island. New Zealand straddles an active fault line where two giant pieces of the earth's surface are in a constant state of collision. In the central North Island, one piece is creeping slowly under the other, generating enormous amounts of active subterranean heat and volcanic activity. This area centres around Rotorua, stretching south to the mountains of Tongariro National Park then east to Bay of Plenty’s White Island, and is an active and accessible volcano island.
The South Island - A palette of dramatic scenes, New Zealand’s South Island hosts the purest natural landscapes you’ll ever experience. It showcases the best of nature’s assets, where towering alps meet peaceful sounds and rugged coastlines merge with sweeping plains. Let’s not forget the backbone of the island - the most down-to-earth locals you’ll ever meet. The South Island contains many stunning glaciers, most of which are located near the Main Divide in the Southern Alps in the South Island. There are few places in the world where, within the space of one day, you can experience mountain vistas, ancient forests, volcanic landscapes and stunning coastline.
Look What’s Included
• 21 Days Car Hire - Toyota Corolla 1.8 hatchback or similar
• 3 Nights at the Spencer on Byron, Auckland
• 1 Night at the Tairua Shores Motel, Tairua
• 3 Nights at the Suncourt Hotel, Taupo
• 1 Night at the Crown Hotel, Napier
• 2 Nights at the Intercontinental Hotel, Wellington
• Ferry Crossing from Wellington to Picton
• 2 Nights at The Nelson Hotel, Nelson
• 1 Night at the White Morph Motor Inn, Kaikoura
• 1 Night at the Arthur's Pass Alpine Motel, Arthur's Pass
• 1 Night at the Scenic Hotel, Franz Josef
• 2 Nights at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Queenstown
• 2 Nights at Bella Vista Motel, Te Anau
• 1 Night at the Heritage Dunedin Lodge, Dunedin
• 2 Nights at the Chateau on the Park, Christchurch
• Sightseeing with admissions as per the Itinerary
• Breakfasts each morning and dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - some charges may apply locally.
See our selection of hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
FLIGHTS - Due to the anticipated variety of flight requirements of the participants on this tour, we have not included any flight costs in our basic package price. You can make your own flight arrangements, in which case it is your responsibility to ensure that your flights coincide with the start and finish dates of our tour, or we can make your flight booking for you and your flight price will be subject to your preferred dates/routing, stopovers and class of travel. This will allow you to tailor your outward and return journeys accordingly. Please note; a booking fee will be charged for all flight bookings made on your behalf.