PAU HISTORIC GRAND PRIX
& The Pyrenes
Combine a touring holiday to Andorra and the Pyrenees with the Pau Classic Grand Prix. This tour encompasses a treasure trove of landscapes full of winding roads and untouched villages, with one of Europe's favourite historic motor racing events.
The Pau Classic Grand Prix is the oldest Grand Prix race in the world and is one of the great street circuits in Europe overlooked by the impressive Pyrenees. The circuit is located in the heart of the city and has seen many incredible duels over the years involving legends such as Jean Manuel Fangio, Alberto Ascari, Jack Brabham and Sterling Moss. During the race weekend, roads are closed to local traffic on Saturday and Sunday and the circuit is set in parkland, with many twists and turns. There are some great free viewing points around the circuit and the general atmosphere is very relaxed. In the centre of the town you can enjoy the paddock with an abundance of historic cars.
The Pyrenees separates the Iberian Peninsula from the rest of Europe, stretching more than 430 km between Spain and France and rising higher than 3400 m in elevation. The Pyrenees offers a gorgeous landscape of high mountains, green valleys, dramatic gorges, pristine lakes, and rushing waterfalls. The important towns lie along the rivers, creating a peaceful atmosphere. The Pyrenees include the spectacular Parc National des Pyrénées (National Park of the Pyrenees Mountains) which straddles the border of both France and Spain. (National Park of the Pyrenees Mountains) that borders Spain.
Andorra is nestled on the border between France and Spain, Andorra is a tiny country made up of rugged mountains, steep valleys and beautiful lakes and is Europe’s sixth smallest country covering an area of just 468 square kilometres, with a population of just over 85,000 . It may be small, but it packs a huge number of attractions into its mountainous landscape, with 65 summits over 2000m high.
Look What’s Included
• Return Brittany Ferries* Crossing from the UK to Spain (see other crossings options above)
• 2 berth inside cabin on overnight crossings
(upgrades available on request)
• 1 Night at the Parador Sos del Rey Católico
• 2 Nights at the Nordic Hotel, Andorra
• 3 Nights at the Hôtel Le Roncevaux, Pau
• Breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• General Admission to the Pau Classic Grand Prix on Saturday & Sunday including Paddock, Grandstands & the Palmeraie
• Buffet Breakfast each morning & Dinners - see meal basis below
• Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels (Charges may apply locally)
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
*Please note: Brittany Ferries routes are based on a fluid pricing policy which can fluctuate subject to capacity. Our prices are based on our estimated rate for this period and may be subject to change at the time of booking.