Combine a touring holiday to Andorra and the Pyrenees with the Pau Historic Grand Prix. This tour encompasses a treasure trove of landscapes full of winding roads and untouched villages, with one of Europe's favourite historic motor racing events.
The Pau Historic Grand Prix is the oldest Grand Prix race in the world and is one of the great street circuits in Europe overlooked by the impressive Pyrenees. The circuit is located in the heart of the city and has seen many incredible duels over the years involving legends such as Jean Manuel Fangio, Alberto Ascari, Jack Brabham and Sterling Moss. During the race weekend, roads are closed to local traffic on Saturday and Sunday and the circuit is set in parkland, with many twists and turns. There are some great free viewing points around the circuit and the general atmosphere is very relaxed. In the centre of the town you can enjoy the paddock with an abundance of historic cars.
The Pyrenees separates the Iberian Peninsula from the rest of Europe, stretching more than 430 km between Spain and France and rising higher than 3400 m in elevation. The Pyrenees offers a gorgeous landscape of high mountains, green valleys, dramatic gorges, pristine lakes, and rushing waterfalls. The important towns lie along the rivers, creating a peaceful atmosphere. The Pyrenees include the spectacular Parc National des Pyrénées (National Park of the Pyrenees Mountains) which straddles the border of both France and Spain. (National Park of the Pyrenees Mountains) that borders Spain.
Andorra is nestled on the border between France and Spain, Andorra is a tiny country made up of rugged mountains, steep valleys and beautiful lakes and is Europe’s sixth smallest country covering an area of just 468 square kilometres, with a population of just over 85,000 . It may be small, but it packs a huge number of attractions into its mountainous landscape, with 65 summits over 2000m high.
Look What’s Included
• Return Brittany Ferries Crossing from the UK to Spain - see other crossings options above
• 2 berth Inside Cabin Accommodation on overnight crossings
• 1 Night at the Parador SOS del Rey Catolico
• 2 Nights at the Nordic Hotel, El Tarter, Andorra
• 3 Nights at the Hôtel Le Roncevaux, Pau
• Breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• General Admission to the Grand Prix de Pau Historique on Saturday & Sunday including Paddock, Grandstands & the Palmeraie
• Buffet Breakfast each morning & Dinners - see meal basis below
• Detailed Roadbook featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Car Parking for the Pau Historique Grand Prix - Reserved parking is included as part of your package. You will be able to leave your car at the hotel and walk to the circuit and displays. There is a regular bus services from outside the hotel to the event, with the exceptions of Sundays. Alternatively, a taxi will cost you 20 EUR each way.
Dates & Prices
Historic Grand Prix de Pau & the Pyrenees