Ireland's Leading Classic Car Event
GORDON BENNETT RUN
Join us for an historic journey through the Irish countryside on the Gordon Bennett Irish Classic Car Run. Whilst the famous Gordon Bennett Route was raced by the world’s greatest daredevils at record-breaking speeds in 1903, we suggest you set yourself a much easier pace. Relax, get your motor running and follow in the footsteps of our motoring pioneers; taking time to enjoy the breath-taking scenery along the way.
This hugely popular event has taken place each year since it was first celebrated on the 100th anniversary in 2003. Beginning on the Friday of the Irish June bank holiday, it prides itself on being the oldest motor sporting event of the year. It welcomes classic petrol heads from all over the globe to join in this journey back in time experience. And what an experience it is- to sit in your timeless masterpiece of an automobile, whilst drinking in the awe-inspiring splendour of the Irish countryside or ambling through the quaint and curious little towns. Even if you’re not taking part, it is an equally thrilling experience to be an onlooker. If you have never had any desire to own or drive one of these vehicles before, trust that at the end of the day you will!
Our Package Includes entry to the Gordon Bennett Irish Classic Run, which starts on the Friday and runs through to Monday. Entry also includes the Gala Dinner and all of the other organised activities during the event.
Vehicle Entry Criteria
All Vintage and Classic vehicles registered up to and including 1991 are welcome.
Please note: the organisers may, at their discretion, include the opportunity for you to visit one or more local attractions during the weekend at a discounted rate. Any admission charges applicable are not included in our tour price. Details of these will be included in your road book. The schedule is subject to change and is based on the previous schedule.
Gordon Bennett Run
The day at leisure to drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Ireland.
followed by the drive to Portlaoise & the Midlands hotel.
Mileages from the Port to Hotel
Rosslare - 80 miles / Dublin - 65 miles
Belfast - 160 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return Stena Line Crossing from Holyhead to Dublin - see other crossings options above
• 4 Nights at the Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise
• Buffet Breakfast each Morning
• Reception & Evening Reception at County Hall Portlaoise on Friday
• Entry to Heritage Route on Saturday
• Entry to Ducketts Grove on Saturday
• Driver's Dinner at Gandon Inn on Saturday
• Entry to original Gordon Bennett Route on Sunday
• Gala Dinner at Hotel on Sunday
• Laois Leisure Run on Monday
• BBQ & at the Treacy’s, the Heath on Monday
• Detailed Road Book with Drives, Maps & Event Information
• Commemorative Gordon Bennett Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotel