Austria is one of Europe's most spectacular destinations and boasts the complete range of sights, attractions and activities to entertain and exhilarate. Whether you prefer to explore the glittering lakes or the dramatic mountain terrain, historic cities or the lush mountain hillsides synonymous with the Sound of Music, Austria has something for everyone.
For the driving enthusiast, driving the Grossglockner High Alpine Road is a must with its 36 hairpin turns. The road ribbons through the mountain pastures, flower meadows, foothills and up into the alpine majesty of the mountains themselves offering awe inspiring views along the way.
Now famous for its magnificent views of the surrounding landscape and as an architectural masterpiece, but with a sinister past, Hitler’s “Eagle Nest” was built as an alpine retreat for Adolf Hitler, although he was rarely here. It is now one of the most famous sights in the area to visit.
Salzburg, the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is dominated by churches, castles and palaces. Its picturesque old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit Mozart's birthplace on Getreidegasse, where the composer was born and Salzburg’s most attractive shopping street with its high and narrow houses and romantic courtyards.
Highlights of Austria
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Bascharage, Luxembourg & the Gulliver hotel including a welcome dinner
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 250 miles / Zeebrugge - 225 miles
Rotterdam - 170 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais
- see other crossings options above
• 2 Overnight stops in each direction - see itinerary for details
• 4 nights at the Hotel Kroneck* or the Kirchbergerhof Hotel, Kirchberg
• Breakfast each morning & meals as meal basis below
• *Free Bar between 10am to 10pm at the Kroneck Hotel (selected drinks only)
• *4 Light lunches/Snacks at the Kroneck Hotel on request
• *Complimentary tea/coffee and homemade cakes on one afternoon the Kroneck Hotel
• Detailed Road book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally plates
• Car Parking at all Hotels - some charges may apply locally
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Highlights of Austria