This thrilling 9 day tour combines Lake Annecy and the Maurienne Passes and Valley. Lake Annecy is overlooked by wooded, and often-snow-capped, mountains and consists of the charming old town with its ensemble of pastel-painted, geranium-bedecked houses and the quaint turreted château. Then its on to the spectacular Maurienne Valley; with its stunning passes, peaks, valleys and villages.
Lake Annecy is one of the prettiest lakes around and is also “Europe’s cleanest lake” due to the very early introduction of environmental regulations in the 1960s. Famously painted in oil on canvas by Cézanne in 1896, the lake lies at the foothills of the French Alps and has a rich local history from both before and after the unification of the local region of Savoy with France just 150 years ago. As well as the super lakes and mountains scenery, the area is well known for its local cuisine including its cheeses, its fish such as Omble Chevalier and Féra, and its chocolate, especially the mountain liqueur-based Roseau.
The Maurienne Valley is a landscape of stunning diversity with glaciers, waterfalls, mountain lakes, high passes and forests all offering marvellous sights of discovery in the French Alps. At its heart are the spectacular passes of the Maurienne some of which are: Col du Galibier (2646m), Col de la Madeleine (2000m), Col du Mont-Cenis (2084m), Col du Glandon (1908m), Col de l'Iseran (2764m), Col de la Croix de Fer (2067m) and the Col de Chaussy (1533m).
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais
- see other crossings options above
• 1 Night at the Golden Tulip, Troyes in each direction
• 3 Nights at the Novotel Annecy Centre Atria, Annecy
• 3 Nights at the Hotel Saint Georges, Saint- Jean-de-Maurienne
• Breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at all Hotels
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Annecy & the Maurienne Passes Tour
Including 3 Nights in Annecy & 3 Nights in the Maurienne Valley