SOUTH OF FRANCE
Millau Viaduct & Route Napoleon
A spectacular tour to the glistening French Riviera with its pristine beaches and millionaire houses. It is also home to the Millau Viaduct, which at 343m high and 2460m long, is the world's tallest bridge and Route Napoleon, a 325 km stretch of modern road that winds its way through the stunning mountains of Provence.
The French Riviera is a sprawl of golden beaches, turquoise seas and expensive houses which has always captivated visitors and sun lovers alike. Make sure you don't miss the Côte d'Azur's world-famous points of interest; including St-Tropez, the glamour of Cannes, towns made famous by Picasso, Antibes, Vallauris, Mougins, plus the urban charms of Nice. This Riviera is also home to several locations, where per capita, the population of billionaires is amongst the highest on the planet namely Cap d'Antibes, Villefranche-sur-Mer, and, of course, the principality of Monaco.
The Millau Viaduct is a modern wonder to admire and to savour a drive along. It complements the dramatic landscape and its soaring thin slightly curved steel structure rest on seven seemly slender towers.
Route Napoleon follows the route taken by Napoleon in his 1815 escape from Elba to Grenoble. Our tour splits the route into two sections so that you have plenty of time to enjoy the fantastic scenery. Major towns along the route include: Vallauris (where much of the landing took place in Napoleons ill-fated attempt to retake the French throne), Cannes, Grasse, Seranon, Castellane, Digne, Sisteron, Gap, Corps, La Mure and Grenoble.
South of France
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the journey to Orleans & your hotel, where dinner is included.
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 260 miles / Caen - 190 miles
St Malo - 230 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais
(other crossings available on request)
• 1 Night at the Novotel La Source, Orleans
• 1 Night at the Cévenol Hôtel, Millau
• 5 Nights at the Best Western Plus La Marina Hotel, Saint-Raphael
• 1 Night at the Ibis Sisteron, Route Napoleon
• 1 Night at the Mercure Dijon Centre Clemenceau
• 1 Night at the Hotel du Golf de L'Ailette
• Breakfasts each morning and dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels (Charges may apply locally)
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location