Enjoy a spectacular 6 day, 500 mile tour of the Scottish Islands including the Isle of Skye and the Outer Hebrides culminating in Inverness; the largest city and the cultural capital of the Scottish Highlands.
The Isle of Skye is connected to Scotland's northwest coast by bridge, is known for its rugged landscapes, picturesque fishing villages and medieval castles. The largest island in the Inner Hebrides archipelago, it has an indented coastline of peninsulas and narrow lochs, radiating out from a mountainous interior. The town of Portree, a base for exploring the island, features harbourside pubs and boutiques.
The Outer Hebrides's main islands are Lewis and Harris, North and South Uist, Benbecula and Barra, but there are also scores of smaller islands. A standout feature of these beautiful islands are the pristine white beaches which stretch for mile upon unspoilt mile. The islands also offer a unique culture, being the stronghold of the Gaelic language, and superb wildlife.
Inverness is considered the capital of the Highlands and is where the River Ness meets the Moray Firth. Its old town offers the imposing 19th-century cathedral constructed with pink sandstone and an indoor Victorian Market selling food, clothing and crafts. The contemporary Inverness Museum and Art Gallery is worth a visit as it proudly shares the traditions, people and heritage of the Highlands. A trip to Inverness wouldn't be complete without a visit to Loch Ness, home of the famous elusive monster and the largest volume of freshwater in the British Isles.
Scottish Islands 500
The day at leisure to drive to Fort William and explore the region.
Overnight at the Moorings hotel including a welcome dinner
Look What’s Included
• 1 Night at the Moorings Hotel, Fort William
• Ferry Crossing from Uig to Lochmaddy, North Uist
• 1 Night at the Isle of Benbecula or Dark Island Hotel
• Ferry Crossing from Berneray to Leverburgh, Isle of Harris
• 1 Night at the Harris Hotel, Tarbert, Isle of Harris
• 1 Night at the Royal Hotel Stornoway, Isle of Lewis
• Ferry Crossing from Stornoway to Ullapool
• 1 Night at the Lovat Arms, Beauly or Best Western Inverness
• Breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Complimentary Car Parking at All Hotels
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
OUR ISLANDS & HIGHLANDS
All of the hotels on this tour have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location.
Please note: Due to the remote locations you will be visiting on this tour hotel choice is limited, hence some of the hotels we are using are a little more basic than we may normally choose.
Dates & Prices
The Scottish Islands 500 Tour