ISLANDS & HIGHLANDS
Enjoy a Wonderful 11 Day Tour to the Scottish Islands including the Outer Hebrides, the Orkneys and the Shetlands. With around 790 offshore islands, Scotland is an island lover’s paradise and these fall into four main groupings: Shetland, the Orkneys, the Inner Hebrides and the Outer Hebrides. The largest islands are Lewis and Harris, then there are a further 162 islands each with an area greater than 40 hectares.
The Outer Hebrides’s main islands are Lewis and Harris, North and South Uist, Benbecula and Barra, but there are also scores of smaller islands. A standout feature of these beautiful islands are the pristine white beaches which stretch for mile upon unspoilt mile. The islands also offer a unique culture, being the stronghold of the Gaelic language, and superb wildlife
The Orkney Islands are a group of 70 islands and skerries situated 6.2 miles from the north-east tip of the Scotland. The largest island, known as 'the mainland’, is home to most of the total 20,000 population, but the north islands of Shapinsay, Gairsay, Stronsay, Wyre, Rousay, Egilsay, Eday, Sanday, Westray, Papa Westray and North Ronaldsay and the south islands of Graemsay, Hoy, South Walls, Burray, Flotta and South Ronaldsay are also populated.
The Shetland Islands will charm you with the rugged beauty of the landscape. Its dramatically changing colours and textures will take your breath away. Shetland’s nearest neighbour is Orkney, 50 miles to the south-west, Norway is just over 200 miles to the east and the Faroe Islands lie about the same distance away to the north-west. Shetland’s natural sights are world-class, the bird watching is outstanding and you may also see seals, otters, porpoises and whales. Shetland has some unique species, like the Shetland wren and the wonderful miniature Shetland ponies.
Look What’s Included
• 1 Night at the Glenspean Lodge Hotel, Fort William
• Ferry Crossing from Uig to Lochmaddy, North Uist
• 1 Night at the Isle of Benbecula
• Ferry Crossing from Berneray to Leverburgh, Isle of Harris
• 2 Nights at the Royal Hotel Stornoway, Isle of Lewis
• Ferry Crossing from Stornoway to Ullapool
• 1 Night at the Summer Isles Hotel, Ullapool
• 1 Night at the Bettyhill Hotel, Nr Thurso
• Ferry Crossing from Scrabster to Stromness, Orkney Islands
• 1 Night at the Standing Stones Hotel, Orkney
• Overnight Ferry from Kirkwall to Lerwick, Shetland Islands including a 2 Berth Inside Cabin - upgrades on request
• 1 Night at the Shetland Hotel, Shetland Islands
• Overnight ferry from Lerwick to Aberdeen including 2 Berth Inside Cabin - upgrades on request
• Breakfast each morning (excluding ferries) and dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all hotels
OUR ISLANDS & HIGHLANDS
All of the hotels on this tour have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location.
Please note: Due to the remote locations you will be visiting on this tour hotel choice is limited, hence some of the hotels we are using are a little more basic than we may normally choose.