Rhine Valley, Romantic Road
& BlACK FOREST
Enjoy a 10 day, 9 night tour to some of Germany's most iconic destinations. The Rhine Valley is straight out of a picture book and will delight. Then, there is the Romantic Road with its medieval towns and half-timbered houses ending at the fairy-tale Neuschwanstein Castle and, last but not least, the Black Forest is one of Germany’s largest and best-known regions.
The Rhine Valley is straight out of a picture book, with sheer cliffs, steep vineyards, a castle perched on virtually every hilltop and pretty villages lining the riverbanks on either side. Myths and legends are everywhere here, such as the story of Loreley, the beautiful siren of the rocks. Towns like Bacharach, Boppard, St. Goar and Linz epitomise the charm of this remarkable area with its rich cultural heritage.
The Romantic Road is a German scenic drive through Bavaria, that leads you from Wurzburg and the Franconia wine country to the fairy tale castle of Neuschwanstein nestled in the foothills of the Bavarian Alps. You’ll find picturesque towns with city walls, towers, and half-timbered houses, hidden monasteries and medieval castles along the way. On this 261 mile long scenic route the journey is your reward.
The Black Forest is one of Germany’s largest and best-known regions. Here, you will be treated to quaint half-timbered buildings to admire, as they nestle in delightful historic towns and villages. There are also dramatic gorges carved by the River Rhine, plus of course those magnificent cuckoo clocks and the famous Black Forest Gateau. This scenic tour is based in the delightful village of Hornberg, set in the beautiful Gutach mountain valley, in the district of Reichenbach in the heart of the Black Forest.
Rhine Valley, Romantic Road & Black Forest Itinerary
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Verviers, Belgium & the Van der Valk Hotel including a welcome dinner
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 215 miles / Zeebrugge - 150 miles
Rotterdam - 165 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais
- see other crossings options above
• 1 Night at the Van der Valk Hotel, Verviers
• 2 Nights at the Hotel Lindenwirt, Rudesheim
• 1 Night at Romantik Hotel or Romantik Markustrum, Rothenburg ob Tauber
• 2 Nights at the Hirsch Hotel, Füssen
• 2 Nights at the Schloss Hornberg in the Black Forest
• 1 Night at the Ibis Hotel in Dinant
• Buffet breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - some charges may apply locally
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Rhine Valley, Romantic Road & Black Forest Tour
including 2 Nights on the Rhine, 3 Nights on the Romantic Road & 2 Nights in the Black Forest