Enjoy a 3 night, 4 day tour to the Champagne region of France, home to the most famous sparkling wines in the world. The Champagne Route begins 75 miles east of Paris and stretches along the Marne Valley to the cities of Epernay and Reims and south towards Sezanne and the Côte des Bar. There are five routes covering around 360 miles that take you to magnificent viewpoints, charming villages, ancient monasteries and imposing churches and châteaux.
The Champagne Route starts in Epernay and Reims, famed for their prestigious champagne houses such as Moët et Chandon, Mercier and Veuve Clicquot. However, between these two towns and stretching south of Epernay, acres of vines covering gently rolling countryside are waiting to be explored. The villages of the region are dotted with ‘vignerons’, family run vineyards, which delight in continuing a unique and long established tradition.
Each champagne is different, though all are produced using the same three varieties of grape, Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay. One of the Champagne routes passes through Oger, classed as one of the “most beautiful villages of France”. Hautvillers, famous for its abbey where Dom Pérignon is said to have discovered the secret of champagne making, is also a must visit.
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais - see all crossings options above
• 3 Nights at the Hotel Le Clos de Mutigny, La Chaussée-sur-Marne or Hotel Le Renard, Châlons-en-Champagne
• Buffet breakfast each morning and dinners as meal basis below
• Visit to Champagne Le Gallais including Tour & Tasting
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotel
This hotel has been hand-picked for its quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Classic Champagne Tour
Staying at the Hotel Le Clos de Mutigny, La Chaussée-sur-Marne
Staying at the Hôtel Le Renard, Châlons-en-Champagne