PORTUGAL, DOURO VALLEY
& Picos De Europa
Combine an 8 night tour in Northern Spain and the Picos de Europa with Portugal and the Douro Valley. From beaches to mountains this tour encompasses Cantabria, Asturias and the Pyrenees, a treasure trove of landscapes full of winding scenic roads, great cities and untouched villages and superb local fare.
Portugal offers exquisite food, idyllic scenery and captivating history. Visitors will be left in awe of its majestic cities, golden beaches, imposing castles and cobblestone villages and, above all, its incredible drives.
The Douro Valley is known locally as the enchanted valley. Following a route between the viewpoints that offer the best vistas, you need to cross the Douro River from north to south and back again. However, along the way you can admire breathtaking landscapes over the river and visit vineyards, towns and villages until you reach Miranda do Douro, the point at which the river enters Portugal. The N222 between Pinhão and Régua was voted the World’s Best Drive in 2015. We also recommend the N101 from Régua through Mesão Frio in the direction of Amarante and the N322-3 between Pinhão and Alijó.
The Picos de Europa on the borders of Asturias, Cantabria and Castilla y León, is probably the most stunning National Park in Spain, or even Europe. The contrasts within these 300 square miles of spectacular natural beauty, that link Cantabria and Asturias, are amazing. Small mountain villages are tucked away in the higher slopes and are almost completely isolated. Deep gorges that plunge vertically down into deep river valleys, sparkling lakes and magical forests make this an adventure playground just begging to be explored.
Look What’s Included
• Return Brittany Ferries Crossing from the UK to Spain - see crossings options above
• 2 Berth Inside Cabin Accommodation on the return ferry crossings
• 1 Nights at the Parador Cangas di Onis
• 1 Night at the Parador de Benavente
• 1 Night at the Longrovia Rural Hotel & Thermal Spa
• 3 Nights at the Monverde Wine Experience Hotel, Amarante
• 1 Night at the Parador de Benevante
• 1 Night at the Parador Santillana Gil Blas
• Breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road-book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Picos & Portugal & Douro Valley Tour
Including 4 Nights in the Picos de Europa & 4 Nights in Portugal
*Please note: All prices shown above are per person and based on 2 persons sharing a car and a twin/double room
Meal Basis - Breakfast each day & 7 Dinners
Single Occupancy Supplement - £700.00
Other Tours to the Picos de Europa Include