This amazing driving tour through the mountains and fjords of Norway, is without doubt one of the most scenic journeys in Europe. You'll drive through majestic mountain passes, enjoy scenic fjord ferry crossings, pass spectacular waterfalls and picturesque fjord villages, ancient stave churches and take a trip on one of the world's steepest railways. Norway has some of the most beautiful roads you will ever experience including 18 National Tourist routes and some of the Best Drives in the World.
The Trollstigen Mountain Route is a 106-kilometre-long stretch of road through west Norwegian nature at its most powerful, with a dizzying view of sheer mountainsides, waterfalls, deep fjords and fertile valleys. The Trollstigen mountain road has a steep incline of 9 percent and consists of 11 hairpin bends. Encircling the road are lofty mountains with names such as Köngen (“the King”), Dronningen (“the Queen”) and Bispen (“the Bishop”)-confirming their majesty.
The Sognefjellet National Tourist Route goes across the Sognefjellet mountain area between Luster and Lom. It is the highest and most impressive mountain pass in Northern Europe (highest point 1430 metres) and it has been awarded the status of National Tourist Route. This is because of the spectacular and wild mountain scenery witnessed as it passes through the Jotunheimen National Park, Norway’s highest mountains.
The Atlantic Road & Atlantic Road Bridge are a unique stretch of road which takes you right out to the ocean’s edge and is also known to be the world's most stunning drives. It connects Averøy with the mainland, via an archipelago of small islands and islets spanned by a total of eight bridges over 8274 metres. The road was opened in 1989 and is toll free. The Atlantic Road has National Tourist Route status and the entire stretch between Bud and Kristiansund is one continuous experience packed with coastal scenery, culture and history.
Look What’s Included
• Return Overnight ferry crossings from Harwich to Hook of Holland, Hull to Rotterdam or Newcastle to Ijmuiden - see crossing options
• 1 Night at the Frommanns Landhotel, Buchholz, Near Hamburg in each direction
• Return Overnight ferry crossings from Hirtsals, to Stavanger
• 2 Berth Inside cabin accommodation on all overnight ferry crossings (upgrades available)
• 1 Night at the Fretheim Hotel, Flåm
• 1 Night at the Tørvis Hotel, Marifjøra
• 2 Nights at the Union Hotel, Geiranger
• 2 Nights at the Scandic Hotel Seilet
• 1 Night at the Thon Hotel, Jølster
• 1 Night at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen
• Buffet breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• Rail Journey on the Flåm Railway
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - charges may apply locally
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
The Norwegian Fjordlands
Including Overnight Ferry crossings from Newcastle, Hull or Harwich