Enjoy a dramatic 4 day, 3 night break to Ypres staying at town centre Novotel Centrum. During the entire war period, from 1914 up to 1918, Ypres was the scene of some of the most important battles in the first World War, later referred to as the Great War.
When the First World War was declared in August 1914 the town was known by its French name of Ypres. Now the town is formally known by the Flemish name of Ieper and Flemish is the local spoken language. Being close to the French border, nevertheless, like many places in this locality, the town is known by both names and visitors will find it signposted in both Flemish and French.
The Ypres Salient is the area around Ypres in Belgium which was the location of some the heaviest and bloodiest battles fought during the Great War. Many of these battlefields have left their traces in the landscape around Ypres, with the remains of trenches, mine craters and concrete bunkers still visible to the naked eye. Visit the various Ypres Battlefields and discover how the profound implications of WW1 can still be felt today. Don't miss the 'Last Post' ceremony at the Menin Gate Memorial which takes place every evening at 20h00.
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais - see other crossing options above
• 3 Nights at the Novotel Ieper Centrum Flanders Fields Hotel
• Buffet breakfast each morning
• Detailed Road Book featuring; WWI Battlefield and Graveyard Information, Maps & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at the Hotel (charges are payable locally)
This hotel has been hand-picked for its quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
Ypres & WWI Battlefields Tour
Including 3 Nights at the Novotel Centrum, Ypres