MX-5s ON TOUR
HIGHLIGHTS OF AUSTRIA
Austria is one of Europe's most spectacular destinations and boasts the complete range of sights, attractions and activities to entertain and exhilarate. Whether you prefer to explore the glittering lakes or the dramatic mountain terrain, historic cities or the lush mountain hillsides synonymous with the Sound of Music, Austria has something for everyone.
For the driving enthusiast, driving the Grossglockner High Alpine Road is a must with its 36 hairpin turns. The road ribbons through the mountain pastures, flower meadows, foothills and up into the alpine majesty of the mountains themselves offering awe inspiring views along the way.
Now famous for its magnificent views of the surrounding landscape and as an architectural masterpiece, but with a sinister past, Hitler’s “Eagle Nest” was built as an alpine retreat for Adolf Hitler, although he was rarely here. It is now one of the most famous sights in the area to visit.
Salzburg, the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart is dominated by churches, castles and palaces. Its picturesque old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit Mozart's birthplace on Getreidegasse, where the composer was born and Salzburg’s most attractive shopping street with its high and narrow houses and romantic courtyards.
Highlights of Austria
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Bascharage, Luxembourg & the Gulliver hotel including a welcome dinner
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 250 miles / Rotterdam - 170 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais
(other crossings available on request)
• 1 Night at the Gulliver Hotel, Bascharage
• 1 Night at the Klingenstein Hotel, Blaustein
• 4 nights at the Hotel Kroneck hotel, Kirchberg
• 1 Night at the Steigenberger Hotel Loerrach
• 1 Night at the Hotel du Golf de L'Ailette, Laon
• 8 Breakfasts & Dinners as per meals basis below
• Free Bar between 10am to 10pm
• 4 Light lunches/Snacks available at the hotel on request
• Complimentary tea/coffee and homemade cakes on one afternoon
• Detailed Road book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative MX-5 OC Tour Rally plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - charges may apply
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location