Enjoy a driving holiday in Northern Spain and discover a land of contrasts. From beaches to mountains this lovely part of Spain, encompassing Cantabria and eastern Asturias, is a treasure trove of landscapes full of winding scenic roads, great cities and untouched villages, haute-cuisine and superb local fare. All of this is criss-crossed by the ancient Camino de Santiago, Europe’s most important pilgrim way.
The Picos de Europa on the borders of Asturias, Cantabria and Castilla y León, is probably the most stunning National Park in Spain, or even Europe. The contrasts within these 300 square miles of spectacular natural beauty, that link Cantabria and Asturias, are amazing. Small mountain villages are tucked away in the higher slopes and are almost completely isolated. Deep gorges that plunge vertically down into deep river valleys, sparkling lakes and magical forests make this an adventure playground just begging to be explored.
La Rioja is a beautiful wine region in Northern Spain characterized by its scenic patchwork of vineyard covered hills and medieval villages. The flagship grape of Rioja is the noble Tempranillo, used to create delicious reds and blended with other regional grapes like Mazuelo, Garnacha Tinta, and Graciano.
Look What’s Included
• Return Brittany Ferries Crossing from Portsmouth to Santander - see other crossings options above
• Accommodation in a 2 berth inside cabin on the return ferry crossings
• 1 Night at the Parador Hotel Santillana Gil Blas
• 3 Nights at the Parador de Cangas de Onis
• 1 Night at the Parador de Cervera de Pisuerga
• 2 Nights at the Parador de Santo Domingo de la Calzada
• 7 Breakfasts & dinners as per the meal basis shown below
• Detailed MSCC Road-book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative MSCC Tour Rally plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
MSCC - Northern Spain & Picos de Europa Tour