E-Type Register 60th Anniversary
PILGRIMAGE TO GENEVA
DUE TO THE ON GOING COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED TO 2022
THE NEW DATE IS 8th to 19th JUNE 2022
It is now 60 years since the first E-Type was shown to the public at the Geneva Motor Show in March 1961, where the Swiss press hailed it as the sensation of the show. Additionally, it is also 40 years since the first Jaguar tour to Geneva. In homage to this stunning car, which was catapulted into the limelight and celebrated in this luxurious Swiss city, the ETR are looking forward to welcoming you on this classic pilgrimage returning to Geneva.
We know from past tours and other trips to France that the E-type will stop people, both young and old, to gaze and admire as we drive by. It is a car that, even after so many years, attracts a great deal of attention wherever it is seen.
This tour will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the iconic Series 1 E-type and the 50th anniversary of the Series 3 E-type; the perfect touring car with more space for luggage and its V12 engine! We know from past tours and other trips to France that the E-type will stop people, both young and old, who will gaze and admire as we drive by. It is a car that, even after so many years, attracts a great deal of attention wherever it is seen.
On this special 12-day tour you will stay in some wonderful 4* and 5* hotels. Along the way you will experience various delights such as a champagne house, a vineyard, a boat trip, a visit to an unusual factory and a gala dinner. The drives will take you along quiet roads with the opportunities to stop for coffee; perhaps a light dejeuner with a glass of local wine before arriving at our designated hotel for one or more nights. On top of this, you will also experience some surprises and very special inclusions and the opportunity to mix with E-type enthusiasts from all over Europe.
On this Amazing 12 Day Tour you'll enjoy some Wonderful 4 & 5 Star Hotels, Exclusive Visits, Surprises & Very Special Inclusions!!
60th Anniversary Pilgrimage
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Soissons in the Northern Champagne Region
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 150 miles / Zeebrugge - 160 miles
Rotterdam - 255 miles / Caen - 205 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing from Dover to Calais - see other crossing options above
• 2 Nights at the 4 Star Hotel Des Francs, Soissons
• Open bar & welcome aperitif’s in Soissons
• Welcome 3 course meal in Soissons including
½ bottle wine per person plus Tea & Coffee
• Entry to Château de Chantilly including Exlcusive Parking, Guided Tour & Private Lunch
• 1 Night the 4 Star Mercure Hotel, Troyes
• Scenic Drive on the Route des Grand Crus
• 1 Night 4 Star Mercure Hotel, Beaune Centre
• 4 nights at the 5 Star Hotel Les Fermes, Megève in the spectacular French Alps including a Welcome Drink, 3 Course Dinner & Wine
• Visit to Lake Geneva including Display Parking and Lunch at the Hotel Parc des Eaux Vives
• Private boat cruise on Lake Geneva
• Exclusive Swiss Watchmaking Class
• Farewell 3 course dinner in Megève with wine
• 2 Nights at the 3 Star Hotel Normandie, Auxerre
• 1 Night at the 4 Star Hotel De La Paix, Reims
• Farewell tour, tasting and gala dinner at a Champagne House in Reims with Entertainment
• Breakfast each morning & Dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Roadbook featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative E-Type 60th Anniversary Pilgrimage Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all of the Hotels (charges may apply locally)
The hotels on this tour have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location.