THE NORWEGIAN FJORDS &
ARCTIC HIGHWAY CHALLENGE
Combine a spectacular drive through the mountains and fjords of Norway with a journey on the Arctic Highway,
one of the world’s great roads. It runs for about 1500km from Mo i Rana, just south of the Arctic Circle to Honningsvag and the North Cape.
The Nowegian Fjords - You'll drive through majestic mountain passes, enjoy scenic fjord ferry crossings, pass spectacular waterfalls and picturesque fjord villages, ancient stave churches and take a trip on one of the world's steepest railways. Norway has some of the most beautiful roads you will ever experience including 18 National Tourist routes and some of the Best Drives in the World.
The Trollstigen Mountain Route is a 106-kilometre-long stretch of road through west Norwegian nature at its most powerful, with a dizzying view of sheer mountainsides, waterfalls, deep fjords and fertile valleys.
The Sognefjellet National Tourist Route goes across the Sognefjellet mountain area between Luster and Lom. It is the highest and most impressive mountain pass in Northern Europe (highest point 1430 metres) and it has been awarded the status of National Tourist Route.
The Atlantic Road & Atlantic Road Bridge are a unique stretch of road which takes you right out to the ocean’s edge and is also known to be the world's most stunning drives.
The Arctic Highway is a relatively modern road; the product of an evolutionary process to give Norway a coherent and unbroken land link through its most remote Arctic regions. Seen simply in terms of latitude, the road gets to within nineteen and a half degrees of the North Pole, roughly as far north as central Greenland. Almost as remarkable, it reaches as far east as Istanbul. So, is there still a challenge to drive the length of Norway's Arctic Highway and explore its branches? The answer has to be yes, this is, after all, a long road across one of Europe's most remote and least inhabited regions. It is even quite a challenge to reach its starting point, Mo i Rana. The surfaces, widths and configuration have improved, but the natural hazards remain. The climate is unpredictable and mountains still have to be crossed.
Look What’s Included
• Return Overnight ferry crossings from Harwich to Hook of Holland, Hull to Rotterdam or Newcastle to Ijmuiden - see other crossing options
• 1 Night at the Frommanns Landhotel, Buchholz,
• Overnight ferry from Hirtsals, to Stavanger
• 2 Berth Inside cabin accommodation on all overnight ferry crossings (upgrades available)
• 1 Night at the Fretheim Hotel, Flåm
• Rail Journey on the Flåm Railway
• 1 Night at the Tørvis Hotel, Marifjøra
• 2 Nights at the Union Hotel, Geiranger
• 1 Night at the Scandic Hotel Seilet
• 2 Nights at the Scanc Bakkandlet Hotel, Trondeim
• 1 Night at the Scandic Meyergården Hotel, Mo i Rana
• Ferry Crossing from Bodø to Moskenes
• 2 Nights at the Reine Rorbuer Cabins, Reine
• 1 Night at the Quality Hotel Grand Royal, Narvik
• 1 Night at the Scandic Hotel, Alta
• 2 Nights at the Scandic Hotel Bryggen, Honningsvåg
• Visit to the North Cape Visitor Centre
• 1 Night at the Scandic Hotel, Karasjok
• 1 Night at the Arctic City Hotel, Rovaniemi
• 1 Night at the Original Sokos Hotel Kaarle, Kokkola
• Overnight Ferry from Helsinki to Travemünde
• 1 Night at the Maritim StrandHotel, Travemünde
• Breakfast each morning & dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally Plate
• Car Parking at all Hotels - charges may apply locally
See our selection of wonderful hotels, all of which have been hand-picked for their quality, facilities and location
Dates & Prices
The Norwegian Fjords & Arctic Highway Challenge
Including Overnight Ferry crossings from Newcastle, Hull or Harwich