Join us on the Austin Seven Centenary 16 Day Wines & Steins Eurotour to the Black Forest, Belgian Ardennes & the Alsace. The picturesque Black Forest is one of Germany’s largest and best-known regions, whilst the Belgian Ardennes, with its picture-postcard towns and grand country houses, is dripping with history. The Alsace is situated on the west bank of the river Rhine, between the Rhine and the Vosges mountains.
The Black Forest is one of Germany’s largest and best-known regions. It is an enchanting land of spectacular scenery; with pine clad mountains, rolling hills, lush green valleys, crystal clear lakes and glistening waterfalls. Quaint half-timbered buildings can be admired as they nestle in delightful historic towns and villages. There are also dramatic gorges carved by the River Rhine, plus of course, those magnificent cuckoo clocks and the famous Black Forest Gateau. This scenic tour is based in the delightful village of Freudenstadt in the heart of the Black Forest. Schwarzwaldhochstrasse is the ultimate driving road of the Black Forest region and no visit would be complete without a drive on it. At about 3,000 feet/900 m, the 44-mile/70 km stretch of the B-500 road runs along the ridges of a low mountain range.
The Alsace is the Germanic region of France. It is a region lying on the west bank of the river Rhine, between the Rhine and the Vosges mountains. To the north and east it shares a border with Germany; to the south with German-speaking Switzerland and to the west with Lorraine and Franche Comté. Here, the candy-coloured towns and villages look as though they've popped up from a children's bedtime story. The gently rolling countryside, lined with vines is nothing short of idyllic and everywhere locals swear by centuries-old traditions.
The Belgian Ardennes offers beautiful scenery, intimate restaurants and a lot of chocolate! It’s an incredibly compact and easy place to drive with rolling hills, picture-postcard towns and grand country houses oozing history. The town of Bouillon, which lies close to border of France, is nestled on a sharp bend of the River Semois. In the heart of the Ardennes forest, this small medieval city is a popular destination for short breaks to the region.
Austin Seven 2022 EuroTour
Drive to your chosen port of departure for the crossing to Europe followed by the drive to Arras, France and the Mercure Hotel where a welcome dinner is included.
Mileages from the Port to the Hotel
Calais - 70 miles / Zeebrugge - 90 miles
Rotterdam - 170 miles
Look What’s Included
• Return P&O Ferry Crossing - Dover/Calais - see other crossings options above
• 1 Night at the 4 Star Mercure Arras Centre
• 1 Night at the 4 Star Lakeside Du Golf Hotel, Chamouille, Near Laon
• 1 Night at the 3 Star Novotel Metz Amnéville
• 4 Nights at the 4 Star Waldhotel Luise Freudenstadt, Black Forest
• 3 Nights at the 3 Star Hotel & Spa La Verte Valley, Munster, Alsace
• 1 Night at the 4 star Novotel Nancy
• 1 Night at the 4 Star Hôtel Le Château Fort de Sedan
• 2 Nights at the 3 Star Hotel Castel Pont-a-Lesse, Dinant
• 1 Night at the 4 Star Holiday Inn, Coquelles
• Display parking and welcome reception in the historic town of Laon
• Scenic Drive on the Schwarzwaldhochstrasse
• Dinner Cruise in Dinant with 3 Course meal, return transfers to/from the hotel and entertainment
• Breakfast each day & Dinners as meal basis below
• Detailed Road-book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Information
• Complimentary Car Parking at all Hotels
Commemorative EuroTour 2022 Rally Plate