Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Italy is not short of great drives, think the Amalfi Coast, the back roads of Umbria, the dramatic Dolomites.
But the coast of Gallura, Sardinia's northernmost region, has to be one of the most ravishing. Every bend of the road offers another expansive panorama of azure seas, of stark granite headlands, of beaches framed by fragrant juniper and oleander and myrtle. Still little known by most Americans, it is a corner of the Mediterranean adored by Italians and in-the-know Europeans.
The Pyrenees separates the Iberian Peninsula from the
rest of Europe, stretching more than 430km between Spain and France and rising higher than 3,400m in elevation. The Pyrenees offers a gorgeous landscape of high mountains, green valleys, dramatic gorges, pristine lakes, and rushing waterfalls. The important towns lie along the rivers, creating
a peaceful ambience. The Hautes-Pyrénées encompasses the Parc National des Pyrénées (National Park of the Pyrenees Mountains) that borders Spain.
" Kieran & I visited the Island last September and we were amazed at the variety of great driving roads, albeit through the mountains or along the beautiful coastline. The quality of the hotels are very good and the food is excellent. We are delighted to add Sardinia to our list of scheduled tours for 2018". Bob Cole, Sales & Marketing Director, Scenic & Continental Car Tours.
Attractions in Sardinia
Our Driving Tour Includes
• Return Brittany Ferries Crossing from Portsmouth to Spain (other crossings available on request)
• A 2 berth inside cabin in each direction
• 1 Night at the Parador Santa Domino de la Calzada, La Roja
• Return Ferry Crossing from Barcelona to Sardinia
• 2 berth inside cabin outbound & Pullman seat on the return (cabin upgrades available on request)
• 1 Night at the Hotel Sol i Vi, Lavern (return drive)
• 1 Night at the Nordic Hotel, Andorra (return drive)
• 1 Night at the Puerta Bilbao (return drive)
All Tours Include
• 4 Nights at the Luci de la Muntagna Hotel, Porto Cervo
• 2 Nights at the Su Lithu Hotel, Bitte
• 2 Nights at the Dei Pini Hotel, Fertilia, Nr Alghero
• Continental Breakfast each morning & Dinners as stated
• Detailed Roadbook featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Tour Rally plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels
Our Fly-Drive Tours Include
• Return Flights from London to Alghero
(other UK Airports may available on request)
• 1 Piece of Checked in Luggage Per Person
• 8 Days Compact Car Hire, Fiat 500 or Similar (car hire upgrades available on request)
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Flight prices are subject to availability within the fare band costed into this tour at the time of publishing this webpage. If the flight cost exceeds our fare band we will give you a revised tour quotation without any obligation. All flight bookings are operated for Scenic & Continental Car tours by our sister company Success Tours ATOL No. 5114
The Costa Smeralda
Great Drives in Sardina
Sardinia has some of the dreamiest beaches you’ll find without stepping off European shores. Here the sand really is white, and the sea the bluest blue. Imagine enjoying some time in Costa Smeralda’s bays, where celebrities and supermodels frolic in emerald waters.‘Sardinia is different, where else, but here, can you go from near-alpine forests to snow white beaches, or find wildlife oddities like the blue-eyed albino donkeys on the Isola dell’Asinara and the wild horses that shyly roam Giara di Gesturi. The island is also a culinary one-off, with distinct takes on pasta, bread and dolci, its own wines (Vermentino whites, Cannonau reds) and cheeses. This is an island where coastal drives thrill, prehistory puzzles, and sheep (four million of them) rule the roads. Sardinia captivates with its wild interior, dazzling beaches and endearing eccentricities.