Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
The romance of Route 66 continues to captivate people around the world running between Chicago and Los Angeles for over 2448 miles, this legendary old road passes through the heart of the United States on a diagonal trip that takes in some of the country’s most archetypal roadside scenes. If you’re looking for great displays of neon signs, rusty middle-of-nowhere truck stops, or kitschy Americana, do as the song says and “get your kicks on Route 66”.
Look What’s Included
• Return Flights from London to Chicago, Illinois
(Flights from Regional UK Airports on Request)
• 20 Days Compact Size Car Hire (Chevrolet Cruze or similar)
• 2 Nights Chicago, IL • 1 or 2 Nights Springfield, IL
• 2 Nights St Louis, MO • 1 Night Springfield, MO
• 1 Night Oklahoma City, OK • 1 Night Amarillo, TX
• 2 Nights Alburqurque, NM • 1 Night Flagstaff, AZ
• 1 Night Monument Valley, AZ • 2 Nights Grand Canyon, AZ
• 1 Night Needles, CA • 2 Nights Las Vegas, NV
• 1 Night Victorville, CA • 2 Nights Santa Monica, CA
• Breakfast at all hotels except Chicago, Grand Canyon,
Las Vegas & Santa Monica
• Admissions & Inclusions as per the Itinerary
• Limo Transfer & Reservation at the Big Texan Steak Ranch (meal cost payable locally)
• Detailed Road Book featuring Maps, Great Drives & Local Attractions • Route 66 EZE Guide Book
• Commemorative Route 66 Tour Rally Plate
• Commemorative Tour T-Shirt & Baseball Cap
• Car Parking at all Hotels (except Chicago & Santa Monica where charges are payable locally)
We have always been impressed by the sheer EFFORT your team have put into the company, & long may it continue. In these difficult trading times, it is simply wonderful to see a business succeed and grow in a decidedly niche area, every customer of yours we've met has been brimming over with praise, even when the odd hiccup has arisen (as they will with this sort of activity) so Jenny & I look forward to more adventures at home & abroad. Very Best wishes Brian & Jenny Osborne
Route 66 passes through a diverse cross-section of American scenes, from the cornfields of Illinois all the way to the golden sands and sunshine of Los Angeles, passing by numerous landscapes including the Grand Canyon, the Native American communities of the desert Southwest, the small-town Midwest heartlands of Oklahoma and the Ozarks, as well as the gritty streets of St. Louis and Chicago. Whether you are motivated by an interest in history, feel a nostalgic yearning for the “good old days” Route 66 has come to represent, or simply want to experience first-hand the amazing diversity of people and landscapes that line its path, Route 66 offers an unforgettable journey into America, then and now.
When is the best time to drive Route 66 - The season starts in May and runs through to the end of October. Before or after that, you risk running into cold weather, especially in the midwest and the higher elevation portions of 66.
Weather - Really anytime between mid-May and mid-October you should have a lovely drive. There’s always a good chance you’ll see rain, as Route 66 is more than 2,400 miles long through varied terrain.
Tourist Traffic - Route 66 is growing in popularity, and not only cars but even large tour groups in buses are travelling The Mother Road. While 66 is inherently never going to be as busy as any given Interstate in America, chances are you’ll encounter more traffic in June, July and August. From the first week of September on, there will be less people on the roads as the summer’s over and people return to work.
In our opinion, the best time to drive Route 66 is Mid September to Mid October, but then Route 66 is a drive of a lifetime no matter what time of year or what the weather’s like.
From £2899.00 Per Person
27 Days from £3695.00 Per Person
Return Trans-Atlantic Flights
25/26 Nights Hotel Accommodation
20/21 Days Car Hire or similar
Route 66 Attractions
Santa Monica Pier - The end of the trail
The Grand Canyon
Cadillac Ranch, Amarillo, Texas
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Flight prices are subject to availability within the fare band costed into this tour at the time of publishing this webpage. If the flight cost exceeds our fare band we will give you a revised tour quotation without any obligation. All flight bookings are operated for Scenic & Continental Car tours by our sister company Success Tours ATOL No. 5114
14 Days from £2250.00 Per Person
Return Flights, Car Hire
12 Nights Hotel Accommodation
Meals & Inclusions as per the Itinerary
Route 66 - The Mother Road