Open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Join us for an historic journey through the Irish Countryside on the Gordon Bennett Irish Classic Car Run
While the famous Gordon Bennett Route was raced by the world’s greatest daredevils at record-breaking speeds in 1903, we suggest you set yourself a much easier pace. Relax, get your motor running and follow in the footsteps of our motoring pioneers taking time to enjoy the breathtaking scenery along the way.
This fun run takes place over the May Bank Holiday with the midland County of Laois in Ireland as the event base. Also covering other Counties including Carlow and Kildare, all three of which were chosen for the original 1903 race. This historic route offers visitors many interesting and scenic locations in the region, while celebrating and discovering ” The Race that saved Motor Sport”.
Our package includes entry to the 2019 Gordon Bennett Irish Classic Run which starts on Friday 31st May and runs through to Monday 4th June and includes the Gala Dinner on Saturday evening and all of the other organised activities during the event.
Further to our recent trip to Northern Ireland on the Causeway Coastal Tour. One again it was excellent value for money, taking us to unfamiliar places, with good quality Hotels, stunning scenery and excellent driving roads. We look forward to meeting up with Scenic Team at the NEC Classic Show and making plans for next years Tours. Thanks to everyone at Scenic for another most enjoyable Tour. Best Regards, Jim & Alyson
• Return Stena Line Crossing from Holyhead to Dublin
(Irish Ferries HSS & other routes available on request)
• 4 Nights at the 4 Star Midlands Park Hotel, Portlaoise
• Full Irish Breakfast each Morning at the Hotel
• Reception in County Hall Portlaoise
• Entry to the Laois Heritage Run
• Entry to Russborough House
• Driver's Dinner served at the Gandon Inn
• Entry to original Gordon Bennett Route
• Gala Dinner at The Killeshin Hotel
• Drive through the Laois countryside
• BBQ and entertainment at Treacy's, The Heath
• Detailed Roadbook with Drives, Maps & Local Attractions
• Commemorative Gordon Bennett Tour Rally Plate
• Complimentary Car Parking at the Hotels
The Causeway Coastal route is rated as one of the World’s Great Road Journeys, alongside the Garden Route in South Africa and the Pacific Highway in California. It also boasts one of the top 5 views in the world.
• 1 Night at the Loughshore Hotel, Carrickfergus
• 2 Night at the Lodge Hotel, Coleraine
• 1 Night at the Malone Lodge, Belfast
Add-on Price £280.00 Per Person
From £549.00 Per Person
• All Vintage and Classic vehicles registered up to and including 1989 are welcome
Please note: the organisers may, at their discretion, include the opportunity for you to visit one or more local attractions during the weekend at a discounted rate. Any Admission charges applicable are not included in our tour price. Details of these will be included in your roadbook. Schedule is subject to change and is based on the 2019 schedule.